1 Research Associate (TV-H 13; for 3 years) in Bioinformatics: The position is in the third-party funded DFG project: “Evolution of gene networks: The Ranunculales as a model order for evolutionary innovations” (RanOmics) at the Department of Biology and Chemistry (Prof. Dr. Alexander Goesmann).
– Independent planning and implementation of bioinformatic analyzes in the research project, communication with the project partners as well as the follow-up and inclusion of current scientific developments in this research area.
– Development of automated bioinformatic analysis workflows including common bioinformatic software solutions for genome and transcriptome data from high-throughput sequencing, systems biology interpretation of the scientific results in close cooperation with experts from the project and summary of these in the form of project reports and scientific publications in German and English language.
– Creation of reference genomes and annotations of the eukaryotic genomes relevant to the project.
– Characterization of gene families and implementation and evaluation of comparative co-expression network analyses.
– Development of own innovative software solutions for the bioinformatic tasks presented above.
– Takeover of the project data management Implementation of bioinformatics training courses, e.g. to train the project partners in handling the research data.
– Bioinformatic support in the research project.
– University degree in bioinformatics or a comparable subject.
– Comprehensive knowledge in the field of genome and transcriptome research and the bioinformatics tools used in this discipline for the analysis of high-throughput data from modern sequencing technologies.
– Basic understanding of the biological basis for the functional characterization of genome data and their systems-biological interpretation.
– Experience in the field of research data management.
– Proven experience in dealing with workflow systems (e.g. Snakemake, Nextflow) and with Unix/Linux operating systems.
– Extensive practical experience in programming with scripting languages (e.g. Python) and R.
– Experience in the development of web-based user interfaces and data visualization.
– Good analytical skills, independence, sense of responsibility, good verbal and written skills in German and English.
– Solution-oriented and goal-oriented way of working, strong team skills, as well as high competence for comprehensible and structured documentation of the respective processes and processes.
– Ability to communicate, present and discuss complex issues.
– Very good knowledge of English and willingness to publish research results in specialist journals and to present them at international conferences.
– A varied job with flexible working hours.
– Free use of local public transport (LandesTicket Hessen).
– More than 100 seminars, workshops and e-learning offers per year for personal training as well as a wide range of health and sports offers.
– Remuneration according to TV-H, company pension scheme, child allowance and special payments.
– The good compatibility of family and work (certificate “audit family-friendly university”).
If you have any further questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Alexander Goesmann via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Apply using our online form by May 12, 2022, stating the reference number 296/08. We look forward to receiving your application.