Job no: 545020
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: Academic Level A or Level B (Multiple Positions)
Salary package: $76,271 – $117,736 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: full-time, fixed-term, up to 5 years
- Join the ARC Training Centre for Future Crops Development for a novel opportunity to develop a career that combines research using cutting-edge technologies with team teaching, supervision and training.
- Work as part of a team spanning multiple universities and industry partners aimed at building new capabilities for agriculture and global food security through socially responsible genetic and field technologies to develop future crops.
- Boost your career via a customised mentoring and professional uplift program tailored to your career goals, including both developing and attending short courses on new genetic and crop technologies, responsible innovation, education and biotechnology commercialisation.
- The Innovation Fellowships are distinctly tailored to provide a novel opportunity to develop skills needed for leadership and innovation in a wide range of professions.
The vision of the ARC Industrial Transformation Training Centre is to equip a new generation of researchers with skills in socially responsible crop genetic technologies, leadership, education and training needed for the agri-biotech sector and global food security. Therefore, the Innovation Fellowships in Crop Biotechnology are more than postdoctoral fellowships, they are a unique opportunity for early career researchers (ECRs) to accelerate and broaden their career opportunities.
The Training Centre is built on close partnerships between university-based researchers and industry partners to provide innovative postgraduate and ECR training, in cutting-edge basic science and end-user focused research industries that are vital to Australia’s future. The Centres will equip our future generation of researchers by supporting students and ECRs in gaining practical skills and experience through industry placements.
The objectives of the Industrial Transformation Training Centres scheme are to:
- Foster opportunities for Higher Degree by Research candidates and postdoctoral fellows to pursue industrial training
- Drive growth, productivity and competitiveness by linking to key growth sectors
- Enhance competitive research collaboration between universities and organisations outside the Australian higher education sector
- Strengthen the capabilities of industries and other research end-users in identified Industrial Transformation Priority areas.
Key components of these positions will be research, teaching and mentoring students in areas relevant to the Training Centre and the School’s Biological Transformation Facility; and engaging in collegiate and productive collaborations with local, national and international colleagues, and industry partners
There will be up to four positions offered, three will be located at ANU, Canberra and one will be seconded to work with the NSW Department of Primary Industry in Wagga Wagga for a relatively more industry-facing, research-orientated position. One position is for 3 years and the others up to 5 years.
Should you have any further questions about the position, please contact Prof. Barry Pogson on E: firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the Training Centre we also have multiple fully funded PhD scholarships available – please direct anyone interested to the Training Centre website here: https://futurecropscentre.edu.au/phd-opportunities/
Applications reflecting gender and cultural diversity are strongly encouraged, and we will make appointments that reflect best practice in promoting gender balance and cultural diversity. As part of our commitment to equity and diversity, ANU and the Training Centre are determined to create better outcomes for women through the improvement of hiring, promotion and retention of women, while creating a more inclusive work environment for everyone.
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant via: email@example.com
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A two page statement outlining your technical skills, desired research plan/directions and education/teaching experience and how these will advance the Centre’s vision (see https://futurecropscentre.edu.au/).
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) no more than four pages in length which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- No cover letter is required.
Applications which do not address the above requirements may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Position Description & Selection Criteria
Advertised: 29 Apr 2022 09:00:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 05 Jun 2022 11:55:00 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time