- conduct independent research in the field of deep learning or applications thereof,
- collaborate in machine learning and deep learning projects with third party partners
- publish in renowned international journals and conferences
- supervise students; prepare and hold lectures; support study programs
- engage in the institute‘s teaching activities within the Artificial Intelligence curriculum.
- for PostDoc position: PhD degree or equivalent in machine learning or closely related field
- for PhD positions: MSc degree or equivalent in machine learning or closely related field
- track record in one or more machine learning areas, e.g.
- deep learning,
- reinforcement learning,
- kernel methods,
- probabilistic modeling,
- generative and unsupervised modeling
- self-supervised learning
- geometric deep learning and graph neural networks
- meta-learning, or
- attention models,
- knowledge in one or more of the following domains is a plus:
- bioinformatics, chemoinformatics or health informatics,
- earth sciences,
- signal processing,
- computer vision,
- speech processing,
- natural language processing,
- autonomous driving,
- software engineering.
- willingness and ability to work in a team and to support students and junior researchers.
What We Offer:
- On the basis of full-time employment (40 hours/week) the minimum salary in accordance with the collective agreement, CA Job Grade: B1 (PostDoc), CA Job Grade: B2 (PhD)
- Stable employer
- Attractive campus environment with good public transportation connections
- Attractive continual educational opportunities
- State-of-the-art research infrastructure
- Dynamic research environment
- Broad range of on-campus dining services/healthy meals (organic food at the cafeteria)
- Exercise and sports classes (USI)
- …and much more
30 May, 2022, only full application documents will be considered
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in a PostDoc / PhD position, please send regular application documents (CV, reference letter, motivation letter) addressing the position, to: Doris Kaiserreiner via Email address email@example.com