Master thesis: Topic: Genetic analysis of unreduced gamete formation in Arabidopsis
The working group “Applied Chromosome Biology” under the lead of Prof. Hua Jiang explores the genetic and epigenetic regulation in plant reproduction. This project aims to elucidate the mechanism of unreduced gamete formation in Arabidopsis. More specific details can be discussed directly.
In this project, you will use a series of cytological methods to analyze the phenotype of Arabidopsis mutant producing unreduced gametes. You will also identify the candidates by mapped-based cloning.
You fit to us:
- … if you seek an opportunity for obtain your master’s degree in biology outside of the university.
- … if you enjoy working with plants, bring strong communication skills, are creative, can work independently and have an interest in scientific research.
- … if you have knowledge about the biology of plants, basic molecular lab work and basic statistical methods.
We offer you:
- … an exciting research project in an excellent scientific environment.
- … a project duration up to 6 months.
- … accommodation on campus (liable to pay costs, upon request).
- … flexible working hours.
Project specific questions can be addressed to Prof. Hua Jiang (039482 – 5875) directly.
What you need to know:
Remuneration is based on guidelines of TD-L for employment of scientific assistant staff.
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone – independent from gender, origin, age, or possible disability – is welcome. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply.
As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receive your complete application (letter of motivation, CV, certificates) as one single pdf-document via online-application until 31.05.2022. If you have questions or require more information, please do contact our recruiting team (firstname.lastname@example.org).Please indicate the reference number 33/05/22 in your correspondence. Please note that incomplete application documents cannot be considered.