The Department of Forest and Soil Sciences, Institute of Silviculture is currently seeking a Postgraduate Research Associate.
Extent of employment: 30 hours per week
Duration of employment: limited for 4 years
Workplace: 1190 Vienna
Gross monthly salary and pay grade in terms of collective agreement for university staff (payable 14 times per year): B1, € 2.294,00
Forest and its role in the global carbon cycle is of increasing importance. Forests store a large proportion of the terrestrial carbon and mitigate climate change effects. Sustainable management and the provision of renewable resources are of increasing importance. The Institute of Silviculture at BOKU has a long lasting history in this field and seeks for a PhD student in this field for the next 4 years.
- Research related to the topic “The role of forests in the global carbon cycle”
- Application and further improvement of an ecosystem model
- Statistical analysis and programming
- Teaching in the field of silviculture and ecosystem modeling
Required skills and qualifications
- Diploma degree in Forestry, Physiology or other equivalent university degree
Desirable skills and qualifications
- English language skills
- Plant physiology and computer science
- Basics in remote sensing
- Knowledge of ecosystem modelling
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
People with disabilities and appropriate qualifications are specifically encouraged to apply.
Please send your job application incl.
- motivation letter
- Summary, how your qualifications and future interests fit to the requested profile
to Personnel department, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Peter-Jordan-Straße 70, 1190 Vienna; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Reference code: 95)
how to apply:
Where to send your application: University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna
- Peter-Jordan-Straße 70, 1190 Vienna; E-Mail: email@example.com . (Reference code: 95)