Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities.
With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation.
- You will assist in the teaching activities at the department of agricultural economics.
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a degree of Master of Science in Bioscience Engineering Technology, Master of Science in Bioscience Engineering, International Master of science in rural development, Master of science in Nutrition and Rural Development, Master of science in Economics, Master of science in Complementary Studies in Economics, Master of science in political sciences, Master of science in sociology or related master degree. Students who expect to obtain their degree in the academic year 2021-2022 can also apply.
- For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have knowledge of and interest in the sociological and/or political aspects of rural development and food systems of the Global North and Global South
- You have knowledge of qualitative research methods.
- You are interested in academic and/or project-based research and services.
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended.
- You have excellent teaching and communication skills.
- Your knowledge of English is sufficient to allow you to contribute to teaching activities.
- A level of knowledge of Dutch enabling you to teach in Dutch is an asset.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
- Your appointment will start on 15 July 2022 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 36 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
→ Apply until 31/05/2022 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
→ Department BW27 – Agricultural Economics
→ AAP temporary appointment – 100%
→ Reference number: 202204/BW25/AS/005
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (Apply online now). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Marijke D’Haese (marijke.dhaese@UGent.be, +32 9 264 60 88).