Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet.
Post-doctoral Fellow Microfluidics in Crop Protection (m/f/d)
We offer a post-doctoral researcher position to work on Microfluidics for Crop Protection research. The successful candidate will drive the implementation of microfluidic solutions for high-throughput combinatory cell studies. The project spans interdisciplinary research streams from biology, chemistry and engineering and is part of a larger initiative for the acceleration of innovative active ingredient research.
The position is for one year initially and is located at our Stein research site (Switzerland) within the Disease Control group and the Automation Chemistry team; a significant amount of time will also be spent within research facilities of academic partners in close vicinity.
You will be part of an interdisciplinary research team that works on bridging automation chemistry and microbiology using miniaturized microfluidic platforms. With deep experience in microfluidic solutions for cell biology experiments, you will drive the development of a microfluidic prototype for multiparametric biological screening.
You will contribute to evaluate advanced microfluidic applications for their use in Crop Protection research and use your excellent communication skills to support and steer cross-functional scientific exchanges on this topic.
- Working closely with academic partners, generate multiparametric data of microbial screens on advanced microfluidic platforms
- Define a prototype for high-throughput combinatory biological screening
- Work together with logistic and chemistry teams to evaluate library to chip solutions
- A PhD in Bioengineering, Chemistry or Applied Biosciences with expertise in microfluidics and bioanalytics
- Skilled in microfluidic chip design and droplet microfluidics
- Good understanding of programming and data science
- Experience in phytopathology, microbiology, and cell biology desired
- Able to work in dynamic research teams and serendipity to foster synergies
- Eagerness to transfer knowledge and to establish new protocols
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
What we offer:
- Scientific and technical excellence
- Contribution to valuable and impactful work, in a stimulating environment -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
- Work in interdisciplinary teams
- A superb working environment at our Global Research Center in Stein
- Well-equipped laboratories and experienced colleagues
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates) – reference number 18041250. Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.