The PhD in BioRobotics is a three-year program that aims at educating highly competent researchers with the potential to be leaders in this area. The students are educated in a stimulating, interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary environment, within the Research Areas of the Institute, which merge robotics, bioengineering and biomimetics. Doctoral research projects are carried on in very well equipped, state-of-the-art laboratories, in such fields as prosthetic, surgical, therapeutic and healthcare robotics, bioengineering, biomimetics, micro-and nano-technology, soft robotics.
The PhD in BioRobotics is a full-time mandatory attendance three-year programme. In line with the standards of excellence pursued by the School, the Programme represents a three-year training path aimed at research activity into the themes of biomedical microengineering, biomimetic robotics, rehabilitation and assistance technologies, computer-aided surgery technologies and service robotics. A distinctive characteristic of the PhD in BioRobotics is that it trains PhD students, encouraging them and guiding them to pursue great scientific and technological challenges according to the concepts of “science-based engineering”.
The PhD students will be educated and trained on modern engineering and will be able to devise and design extremely revolutionary, high quality and highly technological machines, systems and services with superior performance and of interest in terms of scientific knowledge and application, including in industry. The solutions devised by PhD students focus on human beings and Companies, according to principles of technological, environmental, social, ethical and economic sustainability.
Number of positions available, Call for application 2022-23 TO THE PHD IN BIOROBOTICS
1) – n. 12 with scholarship funded by the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna
2) – n. 9 Additional funded PhD positions as follows :
n. 1 with a scholarship funded by the project CELLOIDS – Cell-inspired particle-based intelligent microrobots
Supervisor: Stefano PALAGI – email@example.com
More info: https://www.santannapisa.it/en/institute/biorobotics/celloids
n. 1 with a scholarship funded by the project European Project MAPWORMS on the topic: “Development of a new generation of marine worm-inspired miniaturized robots able to perform tasks in response to environmental stimuli and to adapt to the environment with a shape-morphing strategy. Download the project abstract
Supervisor: Prof.ssa Arianna MENCIASSI (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Prof. Antonio DE SIMONE (email@example.com)
n. 5 with a scholarship funded by the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia:
- n 1 in the framework of the project Soft BioRobotics Perception (Supervisor: Lucia BECCAI – firstname.lastname@example.org), https://www.iit.it/en-US/web/soft-biorobotics-perception
- n.1 on the topic Nanotechnologies applied to medicine (Supervisor: Gianni CIOFANI – email@example.com), https://www.iit.it/en-US/web/smart-bio-interfaces
- n.1 on the topic New materials and approaches for soft bio/micro-electronics (Supervisor: Virgilio MATTOLI – firstname.lastname@example.org), https://www.iit.it/en-US/mattoli_virgilio
- n. 2 on the topic Soft robots inspired by animals and plants (Supervisor: Barbara MAZZOLAI – email@example.com), https://www.iit.it/en-US/web/bioinspired-soft-robotics
Additional positions could be funded with research fellowships lasting three years pursuant to article 22 of Italian Law 240/2010, from research funds of The BioRobotics Institute. Research grants will be assigned to eligible candidates who have not been awarded with a scholarship. Research grants can be assigned to candidates owing the M.Sc. degree at the submission deadline.
How to apply:
It is not required the presence of candidates for the titles evaluation.
Deadline for application submission: June 1st 2022 (13:00 CEST)
More information in attachments.
Informazioni Tel: +39.050.883.136 – + 39. 050.883.420 – +39.050.883.176