National University of Singapore seeks a highly motivated and an organized scientist with a background in life sciences/biological sciences with technical knowledge in omics technologies specially metabolomics, good knowledge of metabolism, biomarker discovery and interest in working with community partners/stakeholders (farmers, clinicians, government agencies, scientific organizations).
The candidate should also have background and interest in project, team and resource management and willing to contribute to certain administrative activities. The position is within a multi-disciplinary research team, which broadly pursues microbial diversity and physiological investigations on plants systems/ agriculture/human systems and allied domains. The team consists of Post-doctoral fellows, PhDs and other Research Assistants.
- Candidates should have a PhD in biological sciences/food/biochemistry, integrative omics, with demonstrated experience (at least three peer reviewed publications in international journals) in the above-mentioned areas
- A self-initiated researcher with an innate capacity for systemic and cross-disciplinary thinking
- Ability to understand and integrate concepts from multiple disciplines, especially ecology, metabolism and plant/human physiology and data science platforms
- Interest in higher level program management activities and support the team in related aspects
- Ideally have demonstrated cross-disciplinary experience working across industry, academia and community
- Experience in science communication, event organization is preferred
**We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.**
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: NUS Environmental Research Institute
Application Deadline: 03/07/2022 00:00 – Europe/London