Chair for Agrimechatronics: PhD Position: Perception for autonomous tractors:
The Chair of Agrimechatronics at Technical University of Munich (TUM) invites for applications for the position of a Research Assistant (Doctoral Student). M/F/D. Applications from disabled persons with essentially the same qualifications will be given preference. TUM strives to raise the proportion of women in its workforce and explicitly encourages application from qualified women
About the position
The position contains both teaching duties and participating in research projects. The research project topics focus on environment perception for automating agricultural machinery, including signal processing and algorithm development for camera, LiDAR, and radar sensors. In addition, assisting in project applications and general development duties of the Chair. Desired start in September 2022.
The Chair of Agrimechatronics (Prof. Oksanen) studies especially Intelligent Machines for Agriculture. The research themes include topics like tractors and other agricultural vehicles and robots, tractor-implement automation, communication technologies for vehicles, navigation, guidance and planning, positioning systems, model-based control of mechatronic systems, drives and power systems, and robotic implements.
As a part of our international team in northern Munich area, you will have an excellent opportunity to develop yourself as a team player as well as an independent researcher. Our work is interdisciplinary, international, and in-depth, but also practical. We offer a possibility to obtain broad and profound expertise, both theory and practise, in the field of agricultural applications, technology and research.
The position will be paid in accordance with the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service of the Lands (TV-L).
• A Master’s level university degree in engineering (e.g. electrical, informatics, mechanical, automotive, robotics), completed with above-average results
• Good skills (both theory and practise) in one or several of the following topics: signal processing, informatics, control systems engineering, automation, robotics, mechatronics
• Practical experience with agricultural machinery and farming
• Professional proficiency in written and spoken English
• Fluent language skills in written and spoken German
Send your application in English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with title “Research Assistant application” at latest 10.7.2022 including
• A cover letter (for example elaborating your background, interests and motivation)
• Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
• PDF copies of earned university degrees and transcripts of individual grades
• PDF copy of your Master’s thesis or a seminar paper
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.