211-2336/22-2M Academic employee at Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen: Academic employee at Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen, Department of Biology, the Faculty of Science, the University of Copenhagen, is looking for an academic employee to work on the GRADCATCH project with effect from 1 November 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.
About us: The Faculty of Science is the country’s largest science and technology research and education institution with 4,400 employees and 9,000 bachelor and master’s students in 12 departments. The Department of Biology has approx. 500 employees within research and teaching, and you will be based at Section of Microbiology, which is housed at Universitetsparken 15, Copenhagen Ø.
GRADCATCH is the name of a 3-year project, which uses natural environmental gradients to decipher the adaptation of soil microbial communities to climate change. GRADCATCH is funded by the BiodivClim COFUND Action BiodivERsA supporting research on “Biodiversity and climate change”.
Your tasks are in the field of molecular microbial ecology and include, for example, the preparation of soil samples for further analyses, DNA isolation from soil and litter samples, and R-based statistical analyses.
For this, we are looking for a highly motivated person who can work 10 hours per week. The duration of the employment will be 15 months, starting 1 November 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.
- You to hold, as a minimum, a bachelor’s degree and are possibly enrolled in a relevant MSc programme.
- You can demonstrate hands-on experience with routine laboratory tasks such as DNA isolation.
- You can demonstrate experience from advanced biostatistical analyses based on R.
- You will be guided through the tasks expected. However, it is a requirement that you are able to work independently, document clearly the tasks performed, and execute tasks in a time efficient manner.
- An exciting and challenging job with a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
- An innovative team of colleagues committed to a collaborative and social environment.
- An international and flexible workplace.
- A chance to expand your skillset and knowledge within microbial ecology and biostatistics.
Terms of salary and employment
Employment will be as academic employee. The salary is based on seniority. Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Taxation and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The working time is 10 hours per week on average. We offer considerable flexibility making it possible to combine work and study activities if relevant.
How to apply:
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
The deadline for applying is 1 September 2022.
Contact and inquiries
Professor Anders Priemé, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.
Application deadline: 01-09-2022
Employment start: 01-11-2022
Department/Location: Department of Biology