You want to understand how things are connected and make a fundamental impact? We offer an environment where you can realize your full potential. At one of Europe’s largest and most modern business and economics universities. On a campus where quality of work is also quality of life. We are looking for support at the Institute for International Business
Part-time, 30 hours/week
Starting August 15, 2022, and ending after 6 years
What to expect
We are currently inviting applications for one PhD position (officially called a prae-doc Teaching and Research Associate position) under the supervision of Prof. Desislava Dikova. We are looking for a self-motivated, excellent MSc graduate with the ambition to write and publicly defend a doctoral dissertation on the topic of digitalization in international business. You will be investigating your research topic and spending a third of your working hours on writing your dissertation. The paid position includes a teaching load of two undergraduate courses per year (24 contact hours each). During the first year, the PhD candidate would be exempted from teaching.
What you have to offer
- A completed MSc degree in business administration or a related field.
- A demonstrated ability to conduct academic research in English (i.e., completed a MSc thesis)
- Excellent English skills, willingness and ability to teach in English; other language skills would be an advantage as they are required for cross-country data collection.
- Quantitative research skills.
- A strong interest in academic research in the field of international business, digitalization and the pursuit of ESG goals is of critical importance, as well as high overall motivation and ability to work in teams
Required additional skills and qualifications:
- The candidate should demonstrate knowledge in the field of international business and have an international orientation (living/working/teaching abroad, interest in attending and presenting at international conferences, etc.)
- The candidate should demonstrate a desire and motivation to publish in academic journals
- Willingness to use multimedia teaching methods: You have experience in using multimedia teaching and learning formats or are at least willing to learn
What we offer you
- A top business and economics university with renowned experts on the faculty and a diverse range of subjects, triple accredited
- Excellent infrastructure, both technologically and architecturally, and a wide range of WU service units
- Flexibility and individual freedom thanks to flexible working hours
- Inspiring campus life with over 2,400 employees in research, teaching, and administration and approximately 21,500 students on a conveniently located, architecturally unique campus in the heart of Vienna
Interested candidates should upload their applications including a cover letter (specifying research interests, motivation for an academic career), CV and other relevant documents, using the online application tool. Candidates should provide an electronic copy of their MSc thesis or other research-oriented output. The application should be in English!
The minimum monthly gross salary amounts to €2,293.95 (14 times per year). This salary may be adjusted based on job-related prior work experience. In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive social benefits. Do you want to join the WU team?
Then please submit your application by July 27, 2022 (ID 1474).
We are looking forward to hearing from you! Our goal is to make sure it is safe for students and employees to study and work on campus in person. For this reason, proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or of an exemption pursuant to the COVID-19 Vaccination Act must be provided before you can be employed at WU.