The University of Pisa is a public institution with twenty departments, and high level research centres in the agriculture, astrophysics, computer science, engineering, medicine and veterinary medicine sectors.
The University has close relations with the Pisan Institutes of the National Board of Research, with many cultural institutions of national and international importance, and with industries, especially those based in information technology.
The University boasts excellent results from internationally and nationally funded projects thanks to the quality of its researchers and a series of targeted initiatives to support project planningargeted initiatives to support project planning.
Applications for the competition for admission to Ph.D. programmes – academic year 2022/2023 – XXXVIII Cicle Additional Grant- University of Pisa: Research fields:
Area CUN 02 – Physical Sciences Area CUN 01 – Mathematical and computer sciences Area CUN 03 – Chemical Sciences Area CUN 04 – Earth Sciences Area CUN 05 – Biological Sciences Area CUN 06 – Medical Sciences Area CUN 07 – Agricultural and veterinary sciences Area CUN 08 – Civil Engineering and Architecture Area CUN 09 – Industrial and information engineering Area CUN 10 – Ancient, philological-literary and historical-artistic sciences Area CUN 11 – Historical, philosophical, pedagogical and psychological sciences CUN Area 12 – Legal Sciences Area CUN 13 – Economic and statistical sciences Area CUN 14 – Political and social sciences
Description: The course lasts three years (from 1st November 2022 to 31st October 2025) with a final thesis. The maximum number of PhD grants is available. The deadline for submission of application forms is on the August 23rd, 2022 h 13.00 (Italian Time). The scholarships awarded to the best doctoral candidates will have a duration of three years. The grant will yearly confirmed after evaluation by the PhD Council of the PhD Student research path.
Application procedure for Ph.D. Programmes – Academic Year 2022/2023
Deadline: August 8, 2022 h 13:00 (Italy Time)
Deadline only for Legal Sciences : August 23, 2022 h 13:00 (Italy Time)
How to apply
Please carefully read the call for application before starting the procedure (see the PDF annexed at the bottom of the page).
The application procedure requires the mandatory following steps:
- The following documents should be uploaded:
• your curriculum vitae and any other relevant documentation
• your research project (only if required by the call annexed at the bottom of the page)
Non-compliance with the curriculum and/or the research project uploading will not give rise to exclusion. The candidate should submit separate curricula for each PhD Programme application. The sole curriculum uploading does not represent the application submission.
• your qualification with the relevant documents referred to in Article 3 of the call (only for candidates with a foreign qualification)
During the online application, the referees and their contact details (email address and phone number) should be specified (only if required by the call annexed at the bottom of the page)
- Fee payment of 30,00 euro by August 8, 22 h 23:59 (Italy Time) on Pago PA system which is accessible at the end of the online procedure. If a PhD Programme has more than one call, only one fee is due and will be valid for all the calls the same PhD programme. If the application fee payment has been made but not completed yet within the deadline, the candidate will be tentatively admitted pending payment verification. If the payment of the fee is made but is not registered, the candidate will be tentatively admitted pending payment verification. The competition fee cannot be refunded except in the case in which the competition tests cannot be carried out for the reasons indicated in paragraph 2 of article 1 of the competition notice.
- register your personal data on www.studenti.unipi.it . Please note that if you have previously registered on Unipi website, you should skip directly to the next step;
- Submit your online application on www.studenti.unipi.it by entering the data requested during the online procedure.
- Submission final receipt should be printed and kept to certify the correct online registration to be kept as this, in addition to constituting proof of registration in the competition, also reports a “pre-registration number” which will be essential to view the evaluation anonymously of the curriculum and the results of the tests, on the web page https://dottorato.unipi.it/index.php/it/ .
Email for questions and inquiries: email@example.com
Virtual desk (in Italian only)
|Call for application Annexes (Detailed forms for each programme with the number of available places, grants details, selection procedures) Attachment 1 – Self-certification of degree diploma – available in rtf format and pdf format Attachment B (“supernumerary candidates” form) – available in rtf format and pdf format Attachment C – Videoconference Form (only if videoconference is indicated in the call’s annex at the bottom of the page) – available in rtf format and pdf format Practical guide to filling in the application form|
Test schedules – available in xls format and pdf format Information under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament (GDPR)