Postdoctoral scientist (f/m/d): Referenznummer 48/07/22
The research group Genomics of Genetic Resources (GGR) is hiring a postdoc in frame of the BMBF-funded project p-epBAR (barley pan-epigenome), starting in September 2022. Your research will take advantage of comprehensive barley pan-genome datasets and you will be responsible to survey epi-genetic variation related to structural genomic variation. This project is run in collaboration with the IPK research group Domestication Genomics, hence you will become a member of a fully equipped wetlab genomics and bioinformatics environment and setup.
- pan-epigenomic profiling (ChIP-seq, ATACseq, Hi-C, methyl-seq) and data analysis (in close collaboration with the bioinformatics team).
- project management, reporting and publishing.
- work in a team with IPK`s central NGS facility.
Your qualifications and skills:
- You have a PhD in Biology or equivalent.
- You have a strong experimental background in molecular genetics and genomics.
- You are experienced with Next Generation Sequencing methods.
- Ideally you have an affinity to command line based bioinformatic data analysis.
- Experience with R and Linux in a cluster environment are of advantage.
You fit in with us:
- … if you are passionate about biology (plants!)
- … if you are self-motivated and -organized.
- … if you are a team player.
We offer you:
- A full-time position 40-hours per week.
- A limited contract according to the WissZeitVG §2.
- A gross salary up to 100% E13 TV-L.
- State-of-the-art molecular biology and NGS lab.
- Access to first class infrastructure in phenomics, cell biology, microscopy, bioinformatics, field and greenhouse.
- Large scientific network.
If you need further information, feel free to contact Prof. Dr. Nils Stein (stein[at]ipk-gatersleben.de) Tel.: +49 (0)39482 5522.
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone is welcome – independent from gender, origin, age, or disability. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply.Our institute has been certified for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), and we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receive your online-application until 26.08.2022. If you have questions or require more information, please do contact Kerstin Schweigert (jobs[at]ipk-gatersleben.de).
Please indicate the reference number 48/07/22 in your correspondence.