As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team to develop new plant-based proteins and its derivatives.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- To screen the sensory profile of various plant-based protein sources
- To work in the laboratory setting to characterise volatile compounds and off notes in selected protein sources
- To manage olfactory analysis of volatile compounds.
- To conduct sensory evaluation for aroma profiling and consumer’s acceptance.
- To develop plant-based meat analogue model.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Have relevant competence in the areas of analytical chemistry and aroma research.
- Have a degree in food technology or food science or chemistry, preferably with exposure in analytical chemistry.
- Having experience in conducing flavour extraction and using analytical instruments, like GC/MS, will be valuable.
- Having experience in conducting sensory evaluation is preferred.
Applications close: 30 Sep 2022 Singapore Standard Time