In the framework of the DFG priority programme 2237 “MAdLand – Molecular Adaptation to Land: plant evolution to change” we are looking for a Bioinformatician (m/f/d) for NGS (RNA-seq) data analysis and tool development, Id no.: 00002444
Description: In the framework of the DFG priority programme 2237 “MAdLand – Molecular Adaptation to Land: plant evolution to change” we are looking for a bioinformatician (m/f/d) for NGS (RNA-seq) data analysis and tool development in the framework of the European Galaxy Project.
Your opportunities: As a bioinformatician embedded into MAdLand as well as de.NBI and NFDI DataPLANT you will have the opportunity to contribute directly to collaborative research projects, from experimental design to data analysis and interpretation. You will interact with a strong, interdisciplinary bioinformatics and life science team that provides access to a large computational infrastructure.
- Design and support the design of sequencing experiments
- Processing and quality control of NGS datasets, in particular RNA-seq
- Analysis of differential gene expression (bulk and single-cell RNA)
- Reference genome and transcriptome assembly
- Phylogenetic and comparative genomics analyses
- Maintaining of software packages
- Development and implementation of custom Galaxy analysis pipelines
We are looking for a dedicated and motivated team player with strong communication skills and good command of the English language, holding a MSc or PhD degree in bioinformatics or biology with a clear computational component. The successful applicant will have a proven record in the analysis of RNA-seq datasets, and computational skills (Python or R) in a Linux environment. Additional experience in the following areas is beneficial:
- High-performance computing in a cluster environment
- Modern software development, deployment (conda), and version control (git)
- Workflow management and documentation
- Advanced statistical data analysis
- High commitment, analytical thinking, problem-solving, reliability, strong team orientation, flexibility and very good self-organization
What we offer
Located in a region that connects Germany, France and Switzerland, our institute offers an international research environment with outstanding infrastructure facilities and a positive working atmosphere that places a high value on work-life balance.
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Challenging work in a modern working environment
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days holiday
- Family-friendly offers (affiliated day care center at the institute, family service)
This position is open immediately and funded until 31.12.2023, with potential extension for another three years. The salary will be determined in accordance with E13 TV-L.
We value and promote diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, hence we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Ready to join the team?
Please submit your complete application documents including a one page motivation summary, CV, and contact details of referees by 15th September 2022.
We are particularly pleased to receive applications from women for the position advertised here.
Please send your application in English including supporting documents mentioned above citing the reference number 00002444, by 15.09.2022 at the latest. Please send your application to the following address in written or electronic form:
University of Freiburg
Prof. Dr. Stefan Rensing
Speaker of SPP 2237 „MAdLand”