We are looking for a motivated scientist in our team. This is a co-op position. Thus, if you are currently working on your MS or PhD in related fields, and looking for expanding your experience, please consider applying.
At Bayer, we believe human ingenuity can shape the future of agriculture. For more than 150 years, we’ve used science and imagination to advance health and nutrition. And together, we can achieve so much more.
What’s possible begins with what we can imagine. We’re committed to a world where biodiversity thrives in harmony with humankind. Where hunger and climate change are terms relegated to history books. Where farms are more sustainable, with plants that are more adaptive and resilient, to help improve life for families and communities. In short, where agriculture is part of the solution. As a new leader in agriculture, we have the opportunity and the responsibility to grasp this moment. To continue moving humanity forward by tirelessly shaping what’s possible.
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Vegetable R&D Co-Op
Position: Major Tasks
- Lead pro ects in collaboration with partner teams across Crop Science to resolve population structure of different breeding pipelines;
- Identify key areas of opportunity for new technology implementation and or process improvement, while positively contributing to a collaborative, innovative, and design-centric culture;
- Collaborate on pro ects/initiatives with partner teams and across world regions (NA, LATAM, EMEA, APAC) to guide the development and implementation of Precision Breeding;
- Holds a BS and is working on either MS or PhD in Genomics, Biology, Genetics, Plant Science, Molecular Biology, Evolution, or other relevant scientific field
- Experienced in analysis of large genotypic datasets, as well as coding experience in R, Python, or similar software and languages;
- Experience with advanced computational and analytical tools in molecular biology, genetics, and biochemistry;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional and cross-cultural teams to achieve common goals;
- Demonstrated experience influencing activities of cross-functional teams;
- Results orientation with demonstrated ability to manage multiple pro ects/priorities simultaneously.
- Experience in machine learning
- Having a good understanding of population genetics
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org