Selection procedure for the awarding of 1 fixed-time research assistant contract/s for collaboration at research activity in the academic discipline AGR/16 (Agricultural Microbiology) at the Faculty of Science and Technology (Supervisor Prof./Dr. Di Cagno Raffaella ).
Description of the research activity: Lactic fermentation of grain-based agri-food by-products and process optimization to maximize the release of bioactive peptides. Selection of the best-performing lactic acid bacteria, enzymes, and substrate pretreatment by polyphasic approach such as electrorephoretic analysis of proteins, chromatographic analysis of protein derivatives (peptides and free amino acids), and fermentation kinetics. Definition of the biotechnological process to employ the fermented by-product as an ingredient for the production of baked yeast products on a pilot scale.
Additional research activities in the context of other research projects on similar topics may be defined in due course with the mutual agreement between research assistant and supervisor. If the supervision of this activity taking place within another project is done in detail by a different professor/researcher, the main supervisor has to explicitly countersign the part of the report regarding the activity on additional research projects.
Place of work: Technology Park NOI Bolzano – Bozen
The gross annual remuneration: 29.000,00 €
Duration of the contract: 12 months – Non-renewable
Expected start of contract (dd-mm-yyyy): 01-11-2022
Minimum curricular requirements necessary in order to carry out the research with details of the scientific and professional profile required for the research activity:
• Master (MSc or MA) (or final degree following the study conditions valid before the M.D. 509/99) or equivalent foreign study title in the following or a neighboring field: Food Sciences or Biotechnology
• Research methods and capabilities/abilities: Experience with quantitative and/or qualitative research methods as documented in the curriculum vitae (e.g. education, certificates, reports and publications, participation to projects).
• Research methods and capabilities/abilities: Competences in the following field: Food microbiology and cereal based fermentations
• Research and work experience: Research experience in the following area as documented in the curriculum vitae by publications, working papers, project management and participation in international conferences: Food microbiology and cereal based fermentations
• Research and work experience: Work experience in the following area as documented in the curriculum vitae: Food microbiology and cereal based fermentations
• Software skills: experience with the following software for research: R language
Preferential title: PhD or equivalent foreign study title in the following field: Food Sciences
Type of selection: based on qualifications and oral exam
Languages of the oral exam: English
Duration of the oral exam (minutes): 20
The exam will be on:
• candidate’s previous research experience and careers; candidate’s scientific and professional experience with respect to the subjects connected to the research project of the call; candidate’s knowledge of research methods connected to the research project of the call.
• Knowledge of the following languages of the oral examination: English
Project; From South Tyrol food by-products to bioactive peptides: a novel and sustainable bioprocessing to deliver multifunctional foods (BIOSUSFOOD) + New Projects Development Fund – Gobbetti 2018
Deadline for sending applications and publications 23.08.2022 at 12:00 PM (noon)