Landshut University of Applied Sciences is a dynamic university of applied sciences that is excellently positioned in the fields of study of technology, business, and social work as well as in practice-oriented teaching and applied research.
For our Mobile and Distributed Systems group of the Department of Computer Science, we are looking for a full-time research assistant to work on the FRUTILLA research project performing Ph.D. level research. The Federal Ministry of Research (BMBF) is funding the project for three years, and the position is available immediately, with funding ending June 30th, 2025.
- You design design and implement an innovative infrastructure for monitoring climatic conditions in the farms of the Chilean project partner.
- You participate in the method research of machine learning for frost prediction know and the extension of earlier work
- You implement machine learning techniques for improved frost prediction and plan the experimental methodology needed to do so
- You work closely together with the Chilean project partner and the local bachelor and master students in the project
- You participate in the dissemination of the methods and results to German and international fruit producers
- Completed master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent analytical and programming skills (e. g., Python, Java)
- Experience with IoT, e. g., sensor systems and single-board computers, e. g., Raspberry Pi
- AWS development skills and experience or willingness to acquire them quickly
- Self-starter, flexible and highly motivated, and able to work independently
- Excellent English or German, additional knowledge of Spanish a plus
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- An attractive, varied, and challenging job at a modern, well-equipped workplace with flexible working hours as well as teleworking opportunities at a family-friendly university
- Social benefits by the regulations of the public sector, in particular, additional retirement benefits as well as a special annual payment by the requirements of TV-L
- a fixed-term/unlimited-term employment contract for 3 years part-time full-time
- Payment according to the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states
Disabled applicants (m/f/d) will be given preference in the event of otherwise essentially equal suitability, ability, and professional performance. In this case, please enclose a copy of your disability ID or your certificate of equality.
This job posting is open to all genders.
You will receive further information after registration and logging in. If you have any questions regarding your application, please do not hesitate to contact us at 0871/506-103;
Are you interested?
Then we look forward to receiving your online application by 26.09.2022 at the following link: https://www.haw-landshut.de/aktuelles/ stellenangebote/online-bewerbungsportal.html
There are sufficient childcare places available for preschool children in our CampusNest childcare center.
University of Applied Sciences Landshut
Am Lurzenhof 1
Tel.: +49 (0) 871 – 506 0
Fax: +49 (0) 871 – 506 506