At the University of Göttingen -Public Law Foundation-, Abt. Forstgenetik und Forstpflanzenzüchtung des Büsgen-Instituts, there is a position as Research Associate (all genders welcome) Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L/100%to be filled. Starting date is 12/1/2022. The position is unlimited.
The position is to be filled for the coordination and support of the service unit “DNA analysis and phenotyping” and the faculty climate chamber pool. There is the possibility of independent research in the field of ecological genetics.
- Scientific supervision of the service unit “DNA analysis and phenotyping”, consisting of a high-throughput genotyping system (MassArray), two capillary sequencers and a high-precision phenotyping system, and of the faculty climate chamber pool
- Development and application of methods for DNA analysis, characterization and evaluation of genetic and epigenetic variation
- Further development and application of methods of high-throughput phenotyping
- Participation in research projects in the field of forest genetics and forest plant breeding
- Establishment of an independent research program in the field of ecological genetics
- Participation in teaching and supervision of students
- Publication of results in high-ranking international journals
- master or diploma degree and PhD in biology, forestry or agricultural sciences or comparable disciplines
- Enthusiasm and high motivation for innovative research
- Experience with molecular and population genetic methods
- Experience with the association of genetic and phenotypic variation
- Proven experience in publishing scientific results
- Experience and very good knowledge in statistical data analysis
- Very good command of English
- Very good written and oral communication skills
- Very good ability to work in a team
If you have any questions, please contact: Prof. Dr. Oliver Gailing,
Phone: 0551 39 33536, E-Mail: ogailin@gwdg
Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Abt. für Forstgenetik und Forstpflanzenzüchtung,
Büsgenweg 2, 37077 Göttingen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life. The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.
Please upload your application in one pdf file including the usual documents until 9/12/2022 . On the application portal of the university using this link: http://obp.uni-goettingen.de/de-de/OBF/Index/72799.
Application deadline: 12.09.2022
With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of data-protection law.