About the University of Trieste: is a public institution that traces its roots back to 1877 when it was initially started as the School of Commerce. The institution was officially founded as a university in 1924. Its main campus is in Trieste, Italy, a city located east of Venice and near the country’s border with Slovenia. The university has other sites in Gorizia, Portogruaro and Pordenone, all in northeastern Italy. Tuition costs vary by academic subject but are the same for domestic and international students. Housing in student residence halls is available through an outside organization.
NRRP Call for Applications (with funding from the Italian Recovery and Resilience Plan – NextGeneration EU) run by the University of Trieste 38th cycle (a.y. 2022/2023):
- Environmental life sciences
- Applied Data Science and AI
- Molecular biomedicine
- Circular Economy
- Civil-Environmental Engineering and Architecture
- Industrial and Information Engineering
- Neural and cognitive sciences
- Reproduction and developmental sciences
- Earth science, fluid-dynamics and mathematics. Interactions and methods
- History of societies, institutions and thought. From Medieval to Contemporary History
Applicants must hold one of the following qualifications:
- an Italian degree known as “Laurea specialistica/magistrale” or a degree awarded under the former university system (ie prior to D.M. no. 509 of 3rd November 1999, as amended by D.M. no. 270 of 22nd October 2004) – to be achieved within 31st October 2022;
- a foreign academic qualification comparable by duration, level and academic field to the required Italian degree – unless recognized as fully equivalent to the Italian degree by an authorized Italian Higher Education Institution – and achieved within 31st October 2022. The qualification must allow access to Doctoral studies in the issuing country.
Some Doctoral Programmes may require specific academic qualifications. Please refer to the relevant “Admission” sheet for more information.
Admission is based on a competitive examination (assessment of qualifications and interview in person or by videoconference) in accordance with the procedures set out in the “Admission” attachments, including for each of the PhD Programme, the number and type of the places offered, the documentation to be uploaded, the terms and conditions for applying and the schedule of the examinations.
How to apply:
Please visit: https://www2.units.it/dottorati/en/?file=DottBandi.inc
Applications deadline: 12/09/2022