The Ibn Rushd Postdoctoral Fellowship Award is a highly competitive program that supports Saudi scholars who are exceptional PhD students or recent PhD graduates (within ±2 years of earning their PhD degrees) to pursue their postdoctoral research at globally recognized host institutions
The program offers a unique opportunity for selected scholars and provides initial funding leading to an independent academic career with a focus on research and higher education. Awards are up to 3 years with a generous annual stipend and subject to an annual performance review.
- A generous annual stipend for up to three years. .
- Access to KAUST shared research facilities when visiting Saudi Arabia.
- An annual research fund for the duration of the Award that can only be used to fund collaborative research activities between the Fellow and KAUST faculty (e.g., hiring a jointly supervised PhD student or postdoc).
- Access to leadership skills building program at KAUST.
- Invitations to annual scientific workshops organized by relevant KAUST Divisions and Initiatives.
By the time the application is considered for appointment as Ibn Rushd Postdoctoral Fellow, candidates shall be:
– Enrolled in a reputable doctoral program with the expectation that their PhD degree or its equivalent will be soon conferred or;
– Already completed their PhD, in the last two years (2020 -2022).
To apply for this program, upload the following materials to the application file through Interfolio:
- A cover letter
- Up-to-date CV
- Research statement
- Samples of scholarly work
- At least two letters of reference
- A letter from the potential PI (Faculty member) in the host institution
This institution is using Interfolio’s Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia