Postgraduate Research Associate (project employment) / Reference Code 172: The Department of Forest- and Soil Sciences, Institute of Silviculture is currently seeking a Postgraduate Research Associate (project employment)., Extent of employment: 40 hours per week. Duration of employment: October 2022, limited to 31st of December 2025
Gross monthly salary and pay grade in terms of collective agreement for university staff (payable 14 times per year): B1, € 3.058,60
- Research related to the topic “multi-objective sustainable forest management”
- Application, improvement and evaluation of dynamic forest models (PICUS model family)
- Comparative multi-criteria analysis of forest management plans from stand to landscape scale
- Making concepts of stability, resilience and adaptability operational in the context of forest management
Required skills and qualifications
- Diploma degree in Forestry, Environmental Sciences or other equivalent university degree
- Knowledge of English
- Interest in statistics
- Analytical thinking
Desirable skills and qualifications
- German language skills
- Programming skills (e.g. C++, R)
- Experience with dynamic forest models
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
People with disabilities and appropriate qualifications are specifically encouraged to apply.
Please send your job application incl. motivation letter and CV to the Personnel department, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, 1190 Vienna, Peter-Jordan-Straße 70; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Reference code: 172)
Application Deadline: 28/09/2022 23:00 – Europe/Brussels
We regret that we cannot reimburse applicants travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and hiring process.