Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München is a leading research university in Europe. Since its founding in 1472 it has been committed to the highest international standards of excellence in research and teaching.
The Chair “Life Sciences in Society” is headed by Professor Michael John Gorman, who is also the founding director of BIOTOPIA – Naturkundemuseum Bayern, a new, innovative and interdisciplinary forum and museum for the life and environmental sciences in Munich. We are looking for you: Research Assistant (Akademischer Rat) (m/f/x) in Munich
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- As a Research Assistant (m/f/d), you will work closely with Professor Michael John Gorman and develop and implement innovative course content with him and his team on Life Sciences in Society at LMU Munich (related to science communication, life sciences, science and technology research, public engagement with science, history of biology, and science and technology policy)
- You will teach classes to Bachelor and Master students from different disciplines. The teaching load of the position is 5 semester hours per week
- University degree and PhD in Life Sciences / STS (Science and Technology Studies) / History of Science / Science Communication with a focus on life sciences or similar, an interdisciplinary background is desirable
- Teaching experience in English and/or German
- Scientific papers and publications in the life sciences
- A habilitation or further scientific qualification is advantageous
- Intercultural skills and willingness to work within interdisciplinary and international teams
- Interest in BIOTOPIA’s themes
- Experience in public engagement with science
- Excellent project management skills and organisational ability
- Fundraising experience is desirable
- Good IT skills and experience in learning to use new tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English, good written and spoken German
- A multifaceted job with a high level of responsibility in a committed, interdisciplinary team in an international context
- The position offers you the opportunity to pursue a post-doctoral qualification (Habilitation)
- The opportunity to be involved in the exciting process of founding a new museum
- An attractive workplace at Nymphenburg Palace/Botanical Garden
- The compatibility of career and family is important to us: you will have the opportunity to work remotely and with flexible working hours
- All the benefits of employment by the Free State of Bavaria
- A reduced-price ticket for local public transportThe position and salary are based on a temporary public service contract (A13) for a period of three years, provided that the legal requirements for public service are fulfilled. Upon positive evaluation, an extension of an additional three years is possible.
- A work contract with the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Also possible in a part-time capacity. People with disabilities who are equally as qualified as other applicants will receive preferential treatment.
Contact and application:
We look forward to receiving your application by email in pdf format as one file (max. 10MB) by 30.09.2022 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the position, you may contact Prof. Gorman at email@example.com.
BIOTOPIA ‒ Naturkundemuseum Bayern
Projektbüro im Botanischen Institut
Menzinger Str. 67
80638 München / Munich
Where knowledge is everything.
LMU researchers work at the highest level on the great questions affecting people, society, culture, the environment and technology — supported by experts in administration, IT and tech. Become part of LMU Munich!