Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities.
With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation in food technology, more specific in the technology of dry and semi-moist raw materials and in particular the extrusion technology of (pseudo)grains and (protein-rich) seeds.
- You will assist in the teaching activities at the department, as a team member, to support courses related to food technology. Process Technology (1 and 2), Instrumental process and product control; Rheology and sensory analysis, Cereal Technology
- You support master- en bachelor’s thesis in this domain
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a degree of Master of Science in Bio-science Engineering, Master of Science in Bio-science Engineering Technology: food industry; Master of Science in Bioindustrial Sciences: Circular Bioprocesstechnology, Master of science Food Technology or equal with expertise in food sciences. For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You are interested in academic and/or project-based research and services.
- You understand the importance of excellent education and students support.
- You are willing to get trained in the implementation of innovative teaching activities
- You have teaching and communication skills.
- Your knowledge of Dutch is sufficient to support teaching activities in this language.
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
- Your appointment will start on 1 October 2022 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 36 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc.
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. For diplomas awarded in the UK before January 31st of 2020, a certificate of equivalence is not required.
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Mia Eeckhout (firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 9 2432481).
→ Apply until 27/09/2022 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
→ Department BW23 – Food Technology, Safety and Health
→ AAP temporary appointment – 100%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 202209/BW23/AS/005