IRTA is currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated PhD candidate for a JOINT RESEARCH PROJECT between UdL AND IRTA to be developed in the groups of Marta da Silva Lopes [Sustainable Field Crops, IRTA] and Gustavo A. Slafer [Crop Physiology, UdL]. We invite applications from ambitious candidates with relevant research experience and passion to conduct research and innovation activities on the project
“Heritability and breeding of spike fertility physiological traits”.
Supervisor/s: Gustavo A. Slafer and Marta da Silva.
Job location: IRTA-Lleida (Campus Agronomos, ETSEA)
Full-time position (37.5 h/week)
Terms of appointment: The duration of the PhD Candidate contract will be for one year, extendible by yearly periods to a maximum of 3 years.
Salary: The financial remuneration will be of €1,236.39/gross per month (€17,309.45/gross per annum) for the first and second years. For the third year, il will be €1,324.10/gross per month (€18,545.84/gross per annum) which will be subject to the corresponding withholdings, pursuant to prevailing regulations, and to the collective employment agreement of IRTA
(1) IRTA will also pay the annual fees of the doctoral school when receiving the enrolment.
Employee Benefits: 22 vacation days, 3 days of family & work conciliation, 45h of personal days, Friday afternoon off, Compressed Summer schedule from 15/06 to 15/09, Conciliation schedule.
Tasks and Responsabilites:
- Planning, conducting and evaluating field experiments on-site and on-farm.
- Assessment of health promoting and undesirable substances in harvested goods.
- Dissemination of research findings at national and international conferences.
- Publication of results in scientific and practice-oriented journals.
Required qualifications and experience
-Candidates must hold one of the following degrees:
- a) A Master’s in Plant Breeding, Agronomy or similar;
- b) To be in a position to access a doctoral programme according to the requirements of Catalan universities, i.e. accrediting between 60 and 120 ECTS credits at the official university master’s degree level or equivalent.
- Not to have a previous PhD degree.
- Desirable requirements
–Strong interest in applied agricultural research
- Enjoyment of work in complex field experiments
- Experience in design of lab and field experiments with a high proficiency in statistical data analysis
- Achievement-oriented, open-minded personality with the ability to work well in a team
- Good communication and writing skills in English (knowledge of Spanish is desirable but not mandatory)
- Proficiency in English
- Catalan and Spanish are valued
If you wish to be considered for this position, please, apply via our Recruitment Platform to the job
post with reference CPI2122 and upload your CV and motivation letter. All information will be
treated in the strictest confidence.
Deadline for application: 10/22