Description: New York University’s Department of Biology invites applicants for two tenure track positions ideally beginning on September 1st 2023, pending budgetary and administrative approval.
We are particularly interested in applicants with research in Molecular, Cellular, Developmental and Organismal Biology. This search is for tenure track Assistant Professors. Candidates are expected to develop an externally-funded research program and to participate in the teaching mission of the Department.
The Department of Biology offers a collaborative, interactive, interdisciplinary and innovative research environment that supports ambitious research projects across the range of biology. Our core facility provides excellent and subsidized access to microscopy, high-throughput robotics, sequencing and high-performance computing. The Department has an active mentoring program for junior faculty, and is committed to the success of all faculty.
Application packages should include a cover letter, separate research, teaching and diversity statements, a curriculum vitae and three reference letters. Please send your completed application by November 1st 2022.
Required application materials:
- A one page cover letter that briefly describes your past and future research areas, and how your planned research program fits with and/or expands current research in the Department.
- Your CV.
- A research statement of up to 3 pages. The first page should summarize your most significant scientific accomplishments as a PhD student and a postdoc. The remainder should explain your future plan and vision for an independent research program. References may be added on a fourth page.
- A one page teaching statement describing your teaching experience and teaching philosophy.
- A one page diversity and inclusion statement that describes your past activities, experiences and future plans to advance diversity and inclusion. NYU is committed to building and strengthening a university-wide culture of diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- The names and email addresses for 3 reference letters. The letter-writers will be contacted automatically by Interfolio, but it is often a good idea to remind them.
This institution is using Interfolio’s Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Faculty of Arts and Science at NYU is at the heart of a leading research university that spans the globe. We seek scholars of the highest caliber, who embody the diversity of the United States as well as the global society in which we live. We strongly encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, and other individuals who are under-represented in the profession, across color, creed, race, ethnic and national origin, physical ability, gender and sexual identity, or any other legally protected basis. NYU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and affirms the value of differing perspectives on the world as we strive to build the strongest possible university with the widest reach.