The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The research group “Farm Economics and Ecosystem Services” is a team of dedicated postdocs and PhD students who want to make a difference through good science, mutual support and exchange with other disciplines and practice. Our research topics range from diversification and digitization, farm-level sustainability, collaborations to deliver biodiversity to policy impact assessments.
To answer our research questions, we use a suite of economic methods with a particular focus on farm-level bioeconomic models in various national and international projects. We offer a temporary part-time position (65% of regular weekly working hours) for 3 years with the prospect of extension for a further year): PhD student in Agricultural Economics (f/m/d)
- contribute to the theoretical background and conceptualization of work in different EU case studies
- collaborate with scientists from other disciplines to include ecological assessments
- analyse secondary data, interact with farmers and assist with policy workshops
- if necessary, develop modules within the existing modelling chain
- develop and implement policy scenarios within an existing modelling approach
- publishing the work in leading scientific journals
- Master of science in agriculture economics or related
- solid skills in optimization methods, database techniques and software languages such as GAMS
- good knowledge of agricultural technologies and agri-environmental policies
- ability to work in an interdisciplinary team as well as independently
- strong interest in scientific writing and excellent command of English
- fluency in German is a clear plus
What we offer:
- an interdisciplinary working environment that encourages independence and self-reliance
- a collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
- institutional commitment to a good work-life balance
- classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) up to EG 13 (including special annual payment)
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. It is generally possible to work in the position on a part-time basis. Please send your application preferably online (see button online application below). For e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 110-2022 until 23 October 2022 to (see button e-mail application below).
If you have any questions, please contact:
Dr. Peter Zander, Tel. +49 (0) 33432/82-214, e-mail: Peter.Zander@zalf.de.
Application documents sent by post or extensive publications will not be returned
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached. If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.