At Syngenta, we accelerate innovation to meet the challenges of a changing world, from climate change, soil erosion and biodiversity loss to the demands of farmers and the wider society. We invest and innovate to transform the way crops are grown and protected to bring about positive, lasting change in agriculture.
In Crop Protection Research (CPR) Chemistry at the R&D Center in Stein AG, Switzerland, we focus on the design and synthesis of novel, sustainable products for healthy crops. We have an exciting opportunity for a talented mycorrhizal ecologist to explore ecotoxicological testing methods for active ingredients for crop protection and contribute to make agriculture more productive and sustainable. Join us at the cutting edge of science and innovation, where your growth is our priority.
Mycorrhizal Specialist Post-Doc (m/f/d) – 18047106
• You will bring your innovative expertise on AMF (Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi) to the multidisciplinary Soil Health team to build and test new experimental hypothesis
• You will conduct tests on AMF ecotoxicology to internationally standardized guidelines
• You will be responsible for the careful and extensive documentation of methods and results
• You will communicate with colleagues the key challenges and learnings from the experimental work to help inform further AMF research
• You will, as appropriate, work with colleagues on related projects within the Soil Health team, working on diverse and world leading scientific projects
• You will present key outcomes from your work to diverse audiences from soil scientists to regulatory managers
What we are looking for:
• PhD in plant-microbe interactions with focus on mycorrhizal fungi
• Passionate about sustainability and soil health
• Ability to critically interpret results and build new experimental hypothesis
• A mind-set of curiosity, creativity, and calculated risk-taking.
• Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to collaborate and take initiatives in multidisciplinary teams and with external collaborators
• Good knowledge of English language (written and spoken)
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
• We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
• A superb working environment at our Global Research Center in Stein with well-equipped laboratories with an open culture and diverse workforce
• The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees and gain scientific and technical excellence
• Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
• You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, attractive bonus system, onsite doctor, fitness room, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance…)
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates) – 18047106.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.