Doctoral Position in Natural Product Research (part-time 50 %, E 13 TV-L) Reference No.: 2022/259. Start date is January 1st, 2023 or by agreement. The position is available initially for three years. The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy. A doctoral position is available in the workgroup of Tenure-Track-Prof. Dr. Lena Barra in the Department of Chemistry.
The research focus of the group lies on the investigation of the genetic and enzymatic basis of natural product biosynthesis and aims at the discovery of novel lead structures for drug development and unique enzyme-mediated chemistries to contribute to sustainable access to pharmaceuticals and ﬁne chemicals.
Therefore, we combine state-of-the-art techniques from organic synthesis, metabolomics, genomics, molecular biology, and enzymology and are looking for motivated students with enthusiasm and fascination for interdisciplinary research at the interface of chemistry and biology.
- Scientiﬁc work in the ﬁeld of natural product research
- Publication and presentation of research results
- Teaching of laboratory courses for bachelor’s and master’s students
- Minor administrative duties (e.g. supervision of research assistants)
- Completed master’s degree in chemical biology, organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, pharmacy, or related disciplines
- Expertise in one of the following areas: organic synthesis, molecular biology, enzymology, mass spectrometry/metabolomics, or bioinfor-matics
- High motivation to learn novel techniques and work in a collaborative team
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English are mandatory
- Cutting-edge research projects and supportive mentoring
- Inclusive environment and guidance of individual career development
- State-of-the-art instrumentation and scientiﬁc infrastructure
- Opportunities for international, national, and in-house collaborations
For further details on available projects or questions please contact Lena Barra via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application (motivation letter, CV, summary of master thesis (1 – 2 pages), relevant certiﬁcates, contact details of two referees) until 31.10.2022 via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme. Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualiﬁed (contact + 49 7531 88– 4016).