About University of Hohenheim: Founded in 1818, after the devastating famine, the University of Hohenheim is not only engaged in foundational research but traditionally also in developing innovative solutions for urgent social matters. Today, Hohenheim is the leading University in agricultural research and food sciences in Germany. Its combination with Natural Sciences as well as Economics and Social Sciences makes it possible to find solutions for many global challenges. This is why the University puts great importance on maintaining an international network with strong partners.
The University of Hohenheim is an innovative and research-oriented university in Stuttgart, Germany with students from around 100 countries. Modern teaching and cutting-edge research and technologies are combined in innovative topics in natural sciences, agricultural sciences, economics and social sciences. Competently equipped research facilities, extensive parks, modern buildings and palaces characterize the campus.
Our Department of Plant-based Foods has extensive experience and equipment in the field of analysis and modification of biopolymers and their use in food. We have a large network in the scientific community as well as in the industrial sector. Our aim is to explore science together and to transfer our knowledge into novel processes and innovative products.
In this scientific position, the focus will be on the design, development and modification of structuring and forming technologies for food production such as extrusion technologies, heating-cooling, 3D printing and in-line monitoring methods. In addition, characterization and elucidation of material behavior is performed. The following tasks are included:
– Modification of bio-polymer structuring techniques
– Design and implementation of heating/cooling and shearing methods
– Characterization of material behavior and micro-structure interactions
– (Extra) Programming of control and image processing applications
– Publication of findings in journals and conferences
– Transfer of knowledge into teaching
– Master’s (M.Sc.) or diploma degree in the fields of process engineering, food technology, bioprocess engineering or mechanical/mechatronics engineering
– Enthusiasm and interest about material science, design, machines and programming
– Knowledge of scientific and research work
– Very good knowledge of German and English (spoken and written)
– Creativity, critical and scientific thinking
– Communication and team work
Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications. Applications from women are encouraged as the university would like to increase the proportion of female scientists.
The position is based on the salary group of E13 TV-L (50% position of the regular working hours with the possibility of an increase).
Application deadline : 01.11.2022
Please attach the following documents to your application: Please send your application documents as a single pdf file to Mrs. Simon (150d)(email@example.com). The application should be addressed to Prof. Dr. Mario Jekle.
The University of Hohenheim accepts applications via a secure internet site. To the application