About Université de Strasbourg: Since January 1st 2009, three universities located in Strasbourg: Louis Pasteur, Marc Bloch and Robert Schuman have merged to form the new University of Strasbourg. Thus we only provide for this yearâ??s survey compiled data for this new institutionThe University of Strasbourg is now a unique, comprehensive university covering all the fields of higher education. It is also the largest French university: 41058 students (including 20.5% foreign students), 11423 trainees in lifelong education, 4635 permanent staff (including 2477 teaching staff, 1872 technical and administrative staff), associated with 1386 researchers, engineers, technicians and administrative staff of the research organizations (CNRS, Inserm and INRA). Courses are taught in 37 faculties, schools and institutes, and research performed in 86 laboratories and research centers.
The recruited engineer (M/F) will work within the framework of the ANR SeedUTail project, coordinated by Dr Hélène Zuber, which aims to explore the mechanisms associated with the uridylation of mRNAs in the developing seed. He/she will participate in the preparation of plant material and will be responsible for organizing and implementing molecular and NGS analyses.
– ensure the preparation of NGS libraries for RNA analysis (NGS and Nanopore technologies)
– will participate in the cultivation, monitoring of plants and collection of plant samples
– will ensure the preparation of DNA/RNA/proteins and the genotyping of the Arabidopsis mutants analyzed
– participate in the analysis of the results obtained in interaction with the post-doctoral student in bioinformatics of the team
– will present his/her results during team meetings
– will participate in the preparation of material and figures for scientific articles
– will participate in the supervision of the students of the team
-Master the basic techniques of molecular biology: extraction of DNA, RNA, proteins, western blot, PCR
– Good knowledge of RNA analysis techniques (eg RNA-seq, RT-PCR)
– Experience in the preparation of NGS libraries (Illumina and/or Nanopore) would be a plus.
– Experience in plant biology is not required but is welcome.
– Know how to manage your activity and be efficient in the planning, monitoring and traceability of your experiments
– Have real organizational skills and rigor.
– Strong curiosity, critical thinking and team spirit
– Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
The recruited engineer will work at the Institute of Plant Molecular Biology at the University of Strasbourg. He/she will join the “RNA Degradation” team led by Dr Dominique Gagliardi whose main objectives are to identify key players in RNA degradation pathways and to determine their roles in the regulation of gene expression in plants. The team has significant expertise in a wide range of molecular biology techniques, including Illumina and Nanopore-based sequencing methods for analyzing RNAs. The engineer will work with Dr Hélène Zuber who coordinates the SeedUTail project. He/she will also interact with the other members of the team and with the members of the sequencing platform of the institute.
Reference : UPR2357-HELZUB-002
Workplace : STRASBOURG
Date of publication : Wednesday, October 19, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 14 months
Expected date of employment : 1 January 2023
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2,236 and 2,358 euros monthly gross depending on experience
Desired level of education : 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years