KAUST Global Postdoctoral Fellowship – Call 2022
The KAUST Global Fellowship Program is designed to attract emerging research leaders working across areas under the five Research Pillars of KAUST (Water, Energy, Environment, Food & Health, and the Digital Domain). It supports excellent postdoctoral researchers taking the initial steps towards a fully independent research career in a unique conducive environment by providing them the resources to conduct their three-year research proposal.
KAUST Global Fellows will enjoy opportunities for interdisciplinary and cross-cultural exchange, leadership training, teaching training, community engagement, professional mentorship, access to an international alumni network, and a welcoming staff dedicated to the wellbeing of all Global Fellows.
The KAUST Global Fellowship Program is a full-time, three-years, fully funded, research-based Fellowship. KAUST Global Fellows will have the opportunity to conduct their own independent research, as per the submitted proposal, with a dedicated annual research budget of up to 45,000 USD (depending on the field) and access to unparalleled laboratory facilities. Career and professional development programs:
KAUST Global Fellows will have the opportunity to participate in leadership training programs, mentoring program, Harvard Higher Education Teaching Certificate and more opportunities and programs offered by the Office of Postdoctoral and Researcher Affairs. Stipend and Benefits: The annual stipend for the position is 75,000 USD (6,250 USD monthly), plus benefits including, medical insurance, accommodation, schooling, relocation, and travel allowances. Conditions of employment
- A fixed – term contract: 3 years (with evaluation at the end of the 2nd year),
- An annual stipend of 75,000 USD (6,250 USD monthly),
- Access to unparalleled laboratory facilities,
- Career and professional development programs, including mentoring, teaching, and leadership programs,
- Annual research budget of up to 45,000 USD (depending on the division)
- Medical insurance, accommodation, schooling, relocation, and travel allowances.
- Ph.D. degree related to the five research pillars of KAUST and the proposed research project
- Maximum 4 years of relevant postdoctoral research experience
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English
Learn More and How to Apply
Candidates are required to submit a 3-year research proposal in an area of research aligned with those of KAUST and that addresses global challenges under one or more of the five Research Pillars. Together with their proposal and required documents, applicants need to have evident support/ expression of interest from a KAUST faculty to host them and their research. Applicants should apply through the electronic application form, following the instructions on the KAUST Global Fellowship Program website. Applications are due on Sunday, January 15, 2023.
KAUST is an international, graduate-only, research university with researchers from over 100 nationalities, located on the shores of the Red Sea in Saudi Arabia. The University is recognized for its science and engineering excellence, unparalleled laboratory facilities and equipment and its contribution to global challenges in domains including Water, Energy, Environment, Food & Health, and Digital.
KAUST attracts top international faculty, scientists, engineers, and students to conduct curiosity-driven and goal-oriented research to address the world’s pressing scientific and technological challenges. The university offers outstanding research facilities, generous research funding and internationally competitive salaries. The award-winning campus is designed to inspire and motivate students, employees and their families. Why KAUST?
- Internationally Renowned Faculty directs the University’s talented postgraduate students, researchers and postdoctoral fellows;
- Research Centers and state-of-the art facilities provide an environment that promotes targeted goal-oriented research;
- Competitive annual stipend and research budget: Guaranteed funding ensures continuity and the highest quality research;
- Extensive collaboration with industrial partners in the region and internationally;
- Attractive residential campus enhances research and quality of life;
- KAUST is ranked 1st in the world in the Qs ‘citations per faculty’ rankings and top #18 in the world (Nature Index 2019, Global Rank Normalized Share);
- Unique international environment with 108 nationalities on campus.