Research Associate (m/f/d) in the field of Food economics with a focus on food environments and consumer behavior:
Founded in 1607, Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU) is a research university rich in tradition. Inspired by curiosity about the unknown, we enable around 28,000 students and 5,700 employees to advance science for society. Join us in breaking new ground and writing success stories – your own and those of our university.
Support us from 09.01.2023 in part-time (65 %) as a Research Associate (m/f/d) in the field of Food economics with a focus on food environments and consumer behavior
The position is part of the externally funded EU project “HealthyDiets4Africa” and is to be filled on a fixed-term basis in accordance with § 2 WissZeitVG and § 72 HessHG with the opportunity for own academic qualification at theChair of Agricultural and Food Market Analysis, Institute of Agricultural Policy and Market Research at the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Nutritional Sciences, and Environmental Management. The salary is in accordance with the collective labour agreement of the State of Hessen (E 13 TV-H).
The project aims to combat malnutrition in eight West-, Central- and East African countries through diversification of the food systems. It involves twenty partners from Africa and Europe that represent different research areas (nutritional and food sciences, crop science, agricultural and food economics) and stakeholders (companies, extension experts, political lobbyists).
As long as the maximum permissible duration of a fixed-term contract is not exceeded, you will be employed for a period of 4 years.
Your tasks at a glance
- Participation in food systems research with a specific focus on the role of the food environment in food choices
- Carrying out experimental auctions and/or consumer surveys in selected African countries
- Publication of research results in recognized scientific journals as well as presentations of project results at conferences
The provision of academic services (including the processing of a research project financed by third party funds on a temporary basis) also serves the purpose of academic qualification.
Your qualifications and competences
- Completed Master’s or equivalent university degree in agricultural economics, food economics or a related discipline
- Experience in empirical data collection/field work
- Strong data analysis skills
- Proven interest in food system research
- Ability to work independently as well as excellent communication skills
- Very good command of spoken and written English
- Basic knowledge in French would be an advantage
Our offer to you
- Collaboration in an international research environment
- A varied job with flexible working hours
- Free use of local public transport (LandesTicket Hessen)
- More than 100 training seminars, workshops and e-learning opportunities per year for personal development, as well as a wide range of health and sports activities
- Remuneration according to TV-H, company pension scheme, child allowance and special payments
- Good compatibility of family and career (certificate “audit familiengerechte hochschule”)
JLU aims to employ more women in academic research. We therefore particularly encourage female candidates to apply. JLU is regarded as a family-friendly university. Applicants with children are very welcome. Applications from disabled people of equal aptitude will be given preference.
Sie wollen mit uns neue Wege gehen?
You want to break new ground with us?
Apply via our online formby November 29th, 2022, indicating reference number 667/09. We look forward to receiving your application.