Research and Development: From Idea to Prototype, The Research Program “Agriculture, Biomass & Decontamination” is looking to strengthen its expertise in “Plasma Agriculture” by recruiting for the location in Greifswald, starting from January 1, 2023, an enthusiastic candidate for the position of a RESEARCH SCIENTIST (F/M/D) AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE: Fixed term contract for a minimum of 24 months / Full-time appointment (40 hours/week) / Target salary: TV-L E13
Your field of activity:
The focus of the research group “plasma agriculture” is the development and investigation of plasma-based approaches to increase germination of seeds, support the growth of crops and enhance their stress resilience. The research is conducted by a multidisciplinary team of physicists, engineers, plant biologists, environmental scientists and microbiologists. An under-standing of underlying processes with respect to plant growth and development is an essential component in this effort, which should eventually support an introduction of the developed methods into agricultural practice. Therefore, the cooperation with practitioners and industry is pursued. Within this framework,
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Design and implementation of experiments to assess the effects of plasma treatments on plant growth and development;
• Study of metabolic processes in plants by selection and application of pertinent methods;
• Analysis, documentation and presentation of findings and results through scientific publi-cations and conference contributions;
• Active participation in the scientific discourse and the development of research questions;
• Communication with academic and industry partners in different research projects;
• Contribution and initiative in the acquisition of research projects.
• PhD in Agricultural Sciences with specialization in crops (e.g. crop production, agronomy, or related scientific fields)
• Good knowledge of current practices in crop farming (practical farm experience is wel-come)
• Good knowledge of laboratory methods for the study of plant development
• Experience in the design and conduct of experiments with respect to plant growth
• Ideally good knowledge of laboratory methods for the study of metabolic processes in plants
• Very good language skills in written and spoken English
• Motivation and aptitude for experimental research.
Our offer for you:
– Compensation according to collective salary agreement of Länder (TV-L) including employer contributions to medical and dental insurance, maternity leave and retirement benefits
– Creative working environment
– State-of-the-art technical facilities
– Networking opportunities at national and international conferences and in cooperation with national and international industry partners
– Opportunities for external training
– In-house German course free of charge
– Internal laboratory tours (“What do the colleagues do?”)
– Possibility of designing and implementing own project ideas
– Flexible working hours and home-office offers
– Family Office
– 30 vacation days per year (plus: December 24 and 31)
– Online Sports courses (“Moving break”)
– Staff kitchen
Our institute ranks among the largest and most modern institutions in the field of low-temperature plasmas worldwide. In an international working environment, we conduct socially relevant research within our core areas Materials & Energy, Environment & Bioeconomy as well as Hygiene & Health. Currently the INP employs about 200 scientists and staff at three locations (Greifswald, Rostock and Karlsburg).
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply with the common documents (cover letter, CV, copies of academic degrees and letters of reference) giving the keyword „0504 Research Scientist Agricultural Science“ – preferably via our online application form – until December 12, 2022. Your performance and personality matters regardless of your age, origin, gender, sexual identity, disability or ideology. We look forward to receiving your applications!
The INP wants equal participation of men and women, especially in science. There are many good reasons why it is worthwhile to promote the potential of women specifically. Qualified women candidates are explicitly called to apply. Handicapped applicants will be preferred in case of equal qualification.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Jürgen Kolb (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). Please send your applications to*:
Leibniz-Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP)
Mrs Gabriele Lembke
Human Resources Department
* Unfortunately, we cannot refund any expenses associated with the application or job interview due to budgetary regulations.
Leibniz Institute for Plasma Science and Technology
For further information, please visit our website at www.leibniz-inp.de.