The Philipps University, founded in 1527, offers multiple award-winning teaching for around 22,000 students and tackles the important issues of our time with excellent research across a broad spectrum of science.
The Center for Synthetic Microbiology (SYNMIKRO) is currently accepting applications for an
Independent Research Group Leader in the field of Microbiology
for a limited period of 3 years. The position is full-time with a salary and benefits commensurate with a public service position in the state of Hessen, Germany (TV-H E 14).
- establishment and management of your own research group
- acquisition of own third-party funds
- research on microbes in the areas of biochemistry, structural, molecular, and synthetic biology as well as spatio-temporal environment/host – microbe interactions
- research on microbe driven global fluxes and hypotheses on how microbes govern our planet, also by computational & mathematical approaches
- scientific services in research and teaching
The position will be filled by a temporary contract that is limited to the period which is necessary to gain further scientific expertise (such as the preparation for a subsequent qualification period). Within the entrusted tasks the opportunity for independent scientific work to obtain further personal qualification is given. The limitation of the contract complies to § 2 Abs. 1 WissZeitVG.
- highly qualified person with international visibility
- MSc-degree or equivalent and an excellent Ph.D. in biology, (bio)chemistry, or other natural science disciplines
- qualification to apply for additional third-party funds, e.g., within the framework of funding programs of the DFG or the ERC program (i.e., Emmy-Noether or ERC Starting grant).
The independent research fellow position will be equipped with an attractive start-up package, including a position for a doctoral student (65% position, TV-H E 13), a yearly budget and access to central services of SYNMIKRO and the University of Marburg. We offer to strengthen your academic profile by developing an internationally visible research program. Further, the successful candidate will benefit from a highly dynamic and excellent research environment in Marburg with a modern and comprehensive research infrastructure. In addition, the junior research fellow will be part of the Marburg Young Faculty Network, receive mentoring and support in raising third-party funds as well as coaching for executives, e.g., offered by the Marburg University Research Academy or the Max Planck Academy.
Contact for further information
Prof. Dr. Gert Bange
phone: +49 6421-28 26634; mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We support women and strongly encourage them to apply. In areas where women are underrepresented, female applicants will be preferred in case of equal qualifications. As a certified family-friendly university, we support our employees in balancing family and career. Sharing a full-time position (§ 8 Abs. 2 S. 1 HGlG) as well as a reduction of working time is possible. Applicants with a disability as discribed in SGB IX (§ 2 Abs. 2, 3) will be preferred in case of equal qualifications. Application and interview costs cannot be refunded.
We would like to ask for application documents within a single PDF-file, including letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, list of publications and a draft of the research project by Nov 30, 2022, stating the reference number ZE-0133-synmikro-wmz-2022 to email@example.com.