Researcher 65% // PhD-student: The Plant Systems Biology group at the University of Hohenheim is offering a position for a PhD Fellow (E13 TV-L, 65%, 3 years)
Project Description: The project addresses the role of post-translational regulatory mechanisms and signalling cascades in the plant nitrate assimilation pathway. In particular, the impact of a kinase on the nitrate transporter NRT2;1 via specific phosphorylation sites will be investigated in Arabidopsis and potentially other plants. Additionally, the kinase will be characterized biochemically and physiologically.
Requirements: We expect you to be a highly motivated candidate with the following qualifications:
– A master degree in plant biology or related fields.
– Previous experience in proteomics and/or genomics tools is advantageous (e.g. functional assaying of membrane proteins, phosphor-proteomics, genotyping, cloning).
– Understanding of plant physiology and plant related lab techniques (e.g. propagation, transformation) are helpful.
– Bioinformatic skills regarding large scale data analysis is a plus.
– Excellent communication skills in English are required, German is a plus.
The candidate will work within an international, cross-disciplinary group.
Application deadline : 01.12.2022
Please attach the following documents to your application: Application: A single PDF that includes motivation letter, curriculum vitae, and contact details of two referees. Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Inquiries and address of application: Prof. Dr. Waltraud Schulze Fg. Systembiologie der Pflanze (190d) 0711 45924770 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hohenheim accepts applications via a secure internet site. To the application