We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Health & Bioresources is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Tulln (in immediate vicinity to Vienna):
Scientist (m/f/d) for Plant Microbiome Research & Applications- Center for Health & Bioresources -:
- The key objectives of the Unit Bioresources are to explore biological plant and microbial resources to better cope with current challenges of crop production. In the field of plant microbiomes, we address plant-associated microbiota, explore their functions, and develop innovative application technologies.
- You will work in an innovative research team to better understand and apply plant microbiomes – By translating fundamental knowledge in innovative solutions, you will contribute to overcome major challenges in crop production.
- Together with your team you elaborate novel understanding on the role of plant microbiota.
- You elaborate approaches for microbiome-based plant improvement.
- You coordinate and are involved national and international research projects as well as in customer-oriented research and contribute to our international position and visibility.
- With your innovative work you will obtain further understanding on the functioning of plant microbiota and translate knowledge into innovations
- You will successfully acquire research projects and represent AIT in research networks and cooperate with international research institutions.
- Your publications in high-ranking journals and presentations at international conferences will contribute to our international reputation.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- PhD in biology, microbiology, or other elated field Experience in plant microbiology / microbiome research
- Experience in acquisition of third-party funding and project management
- Experience with contract research is an advantage
- Solution-oriented expertise, communication skills, high commitment, and motivation
- Excellent communication skills in English, basic skills in German
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 49.532,–. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training, and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us – that’s why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
Please submit your complete application including your CV, cover letter and certificates online.