School of Architecture and Built Environment at KTH
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Water and Wastewater Technology with specialization in Treatment Processes
The subject includes large-scale water and wastewater treatment technology with a clear emphasis on innovative treatment processes. The subject has both experimental and theoretical character, with a central part directed to laboratory and pilot scale experiments in close connection with theory and modelling in order to streamline conventional processes towards resource recovery and develop new process technology.
The tasks include teaching and research in the field of Water and Wastewater Technology. Teaching in both Swedish and English is estimated to amount to a total of about 50% and includes the development and implementation of education in Water and Wastewater Technology at First and Second cycles. The associate professor is expected to be able to teach in Swedish within three years. If necessary, a language plan will be drawn up at the start of employment.
The work duties also include supervision of Bachelor and Master theses, as well as faculty work at SEED. Teaching administration and management responsibilities can also be included.
In the long term, the associate professor is expected to build an independent, internationally recognized research activity with a clear focus on interdisciplinary collaborations with other research groups. This includes supervision of doctoral students and/or postdoctoral fellows and attraction of external research funds. It is also expected that research collaboration with the water industry and other industrial and societal actors will be developed.
Those qualified for appointment as an associate professor are persons who have:
- been awarded a PhD or has the corresponding research competence or some other professional expertise that is of value in view of the subject matter of the post and the duties that it will involve, and
- demonstrated teaching expertise.
Grounds of assessment
The assessment criteria for appointment as an associate professor at KTH shall be the degree of expertise required as a qualification for employment. In addition, the assessment criteria stated in the KTH appointments procedure, Section 1.2., apply in relation to the employment profile laid down.
Of highest importance is that the applicant has
- research expertise in the subject, shown, i.a. through international, scientific publishing, conference participation and participation in research collaborations. This includes experience of conducting experimental research on a laboratory and pilot scale as well as the ability to apply for and obtain external research funding.
- pedagogical skills in the subject.
Of second highest importance that the applicant has
- ability to combine competencies from several sub-areas within, e.g. chemical engineering and biotechnology, as well as process control, and the ability to establish and develop long-term collaborations in both research and education.
- ability to collaborate with the surrounding society and inform about research and development work.
It is also important that the applicant has
- ability to develop and lead activities and staff.
- knowledge of diversity and equal treatment issues with a special focus on gender equality.
- administrative skills.
Your application should follow KTH’s CV template for employment of teachers. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete according to the requirements in the ad and CV template.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position online.
Last application date: 19.Jan.2023 11:59 PM CET