The research group Genomics of Genetic Resources (GGR) is hiring a postdoc in frame of the BMBF-funded project SHAPE-Phase 3 (barley pangenome). Your research will contribute to a larger international effort to establish a comprehensive barley pangenome. This project is run in collaboration with IPK research groups Domestication Genomics, Bioinformatics and Information Technology, Quantitative Genetics as well as Helmholtz Center Munich and additional Industry partners. You will become a member of a fully equipped wetlab genomics and bioinformatics environment and setup.
- Next Generation Sequening for chromosome scale assembly (PACBIO Hifi + Isoseq, Hi-C)
- Hifi-based whole genome re-sequencing for allele mining
- Comparative genomics analysis
- Gene functional analysis
- High-resolution sequencing-based genetic mapping
- Work in a team with IPK`s central NGS facility
- Project management, reporting and publishing
Your qualifications and skills:
- You have a PhD in Biology or equivalent.
- You have a strong experimental (wet-lab) and theoretical background in genetics, molecular genetics and genomics.
- You are experienced with Next Generation Sequencing methods.
- Ideally you have an affinity to command-line based bioinformatic data analysis.
- Experience with R and Linux in a cluster environment are of advantage.
You fit in with us if:
- you are passionate about biology (plants!).
- you are self-motivated and -organized.
- you are a team player.
We offer you:
- A full-time position 40-hours per week.
- A fixed term contract for 36 months according to WissZeitVG §2 (2).
- A gross salary up to 100% E13 TV-L.
- State-of-the-art molecular biology and NGS lab.
- Access to first class infrastructure in phenomics, cell biology, microscopy, bioinformatics, field and greenhouse.
- Large scientific network.
If you need further information, feel free to contact Prof. Dr. Nils Stein Tel.: +49 (0)39482 5522.
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone is welcome – independent from gender, origin, age, or disability. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. Our institute has been certified for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), and we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
Please indicate the reference number 77/11/22 in your correspondence.