The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The research project DAKIS (Digital Agricultural Knowledge Information System) is funded under the umbrella of the BMBF “Agricultural systems of the future” programme, where blue sky research is fostered to find the ideal form of agriculture for the future conditions in Germany, anticipating recent developments in agricultural technology, digitalisation and societal change.
We believe that agricultural systems of the future can be spatially differentiated and functionally diversified by automated small-scale production systems, and tailored to society’s needs through new, innovative information and management systems. Subject to funding, the project has a prospect of another 5 years.
We are offering a full-time position (100% of the regular weekly working time) temporally limited for 12 months at our location in Müncheberg for a
Postdoc Scientist (m/f/d) for modelling species dynamics
- work on existing movement data of insects and birds obtained from a landscape experiment
- advice future monitoring of model species in fields and adjacent habitats
- increase the understanding of how agricultural landscapes can be managed to increase insect-related ecosystem services
- represent landscape-scale functional biodiversity in a decision support system
- doctoral degree in biology, agroecology, geoecology or similar
- proven knowledge of simulation modelling in movement ecology or epidemiological modelling
- knowledge of pest, vector and predator species in agricultural landscapes
- knowledge of advanced statistical methods used in movement ecology
- experience in programming and in interdisciplinary cooperation
- strong interest in scientific writing and excellent command of English
What we offer:
- an interdisciplinary working environment that encourages independence and self-reliance
- classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) up to 13 (100%; including special annual payment)
- a collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
- job ticket
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. It is generally possible to work in the position on a part-time basis. Please send your application preferably online (see button online application below). For e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 154-2022 until 15 January 2023 to (see button e-mail application below).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: Prof. Dr. Claas Nendel, Tel. +49 (0) 33432/82-355.
Application documents sent by post or extensive publications will not be returned
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.