The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The project “Stable Isotope and AI supported model development for high frequency, cross scale water partitioning” (ISO-SCALE) studies the temporal dynamics and spatial variability in ecosystem evapotranspiration, soil evaporation, plant transpiration, soil water distribution and root water uptake.
Within that project Work Package 3 aims at differentiating between various effects using a combination of advanced approaches. Thus we are offering a part-time position (65%) starting in March 2023 for three years at our location in Müncheberg as PhD student for advanced time series analysis (f/m/d)
- quality assurance of isotope, meteorological and hydrological data from an experimental site
- differentiating between different effects in a complex setting
- identifying drivers and cause-effect relationships for single effects
- close collaboration with field experimentalists and modelers
- studies in environmental sciences, geosciences or physics
- basic knowledge of time series analysis, dimensionality reduction and machine learning approaches
- programming experience, preferentially in Python or R
- independent and well-organized work style and time management
- good command of English (written and spoken)
What we offer:
- an interdisciplinary working environment that encourages independence and self-reliance
- classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) up to EG 13, including special annual payment
- a collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
- support for work-life balance certified by berufundfamilie audit
- company ticket
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. It is generally possible to work in the position on a part-time basis. Please send your application preferably online (see button online application below).
For e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 162-2022 until 15 January 2023 to (see button e-mail application below).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Gunnar Lischeid, Tel. +49 (0) 33432/82-300.
Application documents sent by post or extensive publications will not be returned. For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.