Cassino University: Università degli Studi di Cassino is a prestigious educational institution in Italy, which consistently ranks among the top 50 universities in the country. Università degli Studi di Cassino (abbreviated as UNICAS) is a public institution of higher education in Italy. Teaching at the Università degli Studi di Cassino began in 1979. The urban campus is located within Cassino. University ranking. Università degli Studi di Cassino is a prestigious educational institution in Italy, which is consistently included in the top 50 universities of the country. The university is in the 5% of the best higher education institutions in the world, occupying 1569 position.
Announcement for the admission to PhD programmes of the University of Cassino e del Lazio Meridionale – Academic Year 2022/2023, XXXVIII cycle – Additional Scolarship:
Brief description of the research areas:
- Economics and Management for Innovation and Sustainability
- Methods, Models and Technologies for Engineering
3 Public administration and enterprises for innovation and territorial development
- Sources, Texts and Contexts from the Ancient World to the Contemporary Age.
Nationality of candidates: any nationality.
Those who, on the deadline date, hold one of the following degrees, are eligible to apply for
the competition, without age or citizenship limits:
- an Italian degree awarded before the D.M. no. 509/99;
- an Italian Laurea Specialistica or Laurea Magistrale;
- an equivalent academic qualification awarded abroad, previously approved by Italian academic authorities also as part of inter-university cooperation and mobility agreements.
- The Selection Board will ascertain the equivalence of the foreign academic qualification to the relevant Italian degree, for the sole purpose of admission to the selection, in compliance with the regulations in force in Italy and in the country where the degree was awarded, as well as with treaties or international agreements on the recognition of degrees for the pursuit of studies.
- In this case, the candidate must attach to the application the documents deemed useful for the evaluation of the suitability of the degree, (degree certificate; certificate of exams taken; type of degree; normal duration of the course; name of the academic institution issuing the degree; date of degree; grade/judgment).
- All documents must be translated into Italian, if written in a language other than English. Candidates who have yet to obtain the qualification can submit the application for admission, provided that they obtain it, under penalty of forfeiture, by 28 February 2023.
In compliance with the D.M. (Ministerial Decree) n. 247 of February 23, 2022, the scholarship amounts to 16.243,00 Euro gross per year and includes the National Insurance contributions which the PhD students are required to pay. The payments are in monthly instalments of equal value. The scholarships, apprenticeship contracts and any additional forms of financial support will be awarded on the basis of the general merit list; in the event of a tie, the assessment of personal economic situation pursuant to current regulations prevails.
The personal income limit of the candidate for the assignment of the scholarship is €7,746.86 with reference to the year in which the scholarship is granted. The scholarship is subject to INPS National Insurance contributions to be paid into a special ‘separate’ scheme in accordance with current legislation. Two-thirds will be paid by the University and a third by the holder. The scholarship will be renewed yearly on condition that the PhD student has completed the scheduled training program and does not exceed the income limit during the year he/she is granted the scholarship.
In the case of a candidate exceeding the personal income limit, the scholarship is withdrawn and the recipient is obliged to pay back the sum awarded for the whole year. The scholarship will be increased by 50% for research periods spent abroad. Scholarships cannot be combined with any other research fellowships or grants except for those awarded by national or foreign scientific institutes for periods spent abroad that are deemed useful for the research activities of the student.
Contact at the university: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications deadline: 25/01/2023