PhD position (f/m/d) at the Institute for Food and Resource Economics: The University of Bonn is an international research university offering a broad range of subjects. With a 200-year history, some 35,000 students, more than 6,000 employees and an outstanding reputation in Germany and abroad, the University of Bonn is one of the leading universities in Germany and has been awarded the status of a University of Excellence.
The professorship of management of the digital circular economy (Institute for Food and Resource Economics) at the Rheinische-Friedrich-Wilhelms-University Bonn is inviting applications for a PhD position (f/m/d) starting as soon as possible. This is a part-time position (65 %) for 3 years. The salary is based on the German public service salary scale E13 TV-L.
- to contribute to the study design and organization of contributions in the field of Digitalization and sustainability
- to independently conduct research on new research questions
- Publication of results in academic journals
- to discuss and communicate findings e.g. through conference presentations
- A good or very good master degree in agricultural economics, economics or informatics (or related fields, the degree must only be completed by the time the position is filled)
- Excellent skills in writing and communicating in English
- Strong interest to collect primary data and to conduct and analyze economic experiments
- Self-driven, independent, flexible working style and ability to work in a team
What we offer:
- the opportunity to complete PhD studies with a dedicated and efficient supervision
- a new challenge on future-oriented topics
- A constructive working atmosphere with opportunities for development
- a lively work and study environment on the university campus in Bonn
- flexible working hours
We are looking forward to your application! The University Bonn is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply as they are underrepresented in the field. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life. The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons.
Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference. To apply for this position, please indicate the ID 97/22/3.201 of the job posting on your application and submit it as a single pdf-file with the usual documents until 08th January 2023 by email to email@example.com. For questions about the position, please contact Prof. Dr. Daniel Hermann (firstname.lastname@example.org). With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of the data-protection law.