At the Northwest German Forest Research Institute (NW-FVA) – a joint institution of the states of Hesse, Lower Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Schleswig-Holstein – the FNR-funded project “Interactions between the Douglas fir and the nutrient balance of the site (DoNut )”, sub-project “nutrient dynamics” in the subject area nutrient management of the department of environmental control scientific assistant (m/f/d) Subject to project approval, to be filled from April 1st, 2023, limited to 36 months, with 80% of the position
• Selection and establishment of test areas for measuring seepage water chemistry and litter degradation
• Organization and implementation of sampling campaigns to determine forest nutrition and soil chemistry
• Statistical evaluation of data on soil chemistry, tree nutrition and vitality
• Coordination of the work with the project partner (FAWF Rhineland-Palatinate)
• Development of decision-making aids for practice
• Preparation of scientific publications and reports for the project.
• A university degree in forestry, environmental or geosciences or comparable subjects with a focus on soil science / geoecology, completed with a master’s or diploma
• Outstanding knowledge of the location and soil
• Very good process understanding of soil chemistry or plant nutrition
• Good knowledge of statistics, preferably in the statistical software R
• Confident demeanor
• Flexibility and resilience
• Willingness to work in the field and for business trips lasting several days
• License to drive a car.
A result-oriented way of working and a high degree of quality of work as well as initiative, independent action and a willingness to take responsibility within the scope of the task are required.
Applicants should have good organizational skills, a high level of commitment, the ability to work in a team and the ability to cooperate with external institutions.
We offer you:
An interesting professional field in the circle of committed, innovative colleagues. The workplace is rated according to pay group 13 of the TV-L pay scale.
The place of work is Goettingen.
The job is part-time.
The project offers the possibility of a doctorate
The NW-FVA strives in all areas and positions to be under-represented i. S. of the NGG. Applications from women are therefore particularly welcome and can be given preferential consideration in accordance with § 11 NGG. Applicants with disabilities will also be given preferential treatment in accordance with the relevant regulations if they have the same aptitude, qualifications and professional performance. In order to protect your interests, we ask you to inform us of any disability/equality in your application.
Applications from people of all nationalities are welcome. Good knowledge of the German language is required.
Acknowledgments of receipt/intermediate messages are not sent. The application documents will not be returned, so no original documents or certified copies need to be submitted with the application.
These may be requested in connection with the inclusion of the application in the selection process. If you still want the documents to be returned, a stamped, self-addressed envelope must be enclosed with the application documents. Otherwise, the application documents will be destroyed after the end of the application process.
Applications by e-mail to our e-mail account email@example.com are possible. Here, too, the above regulations apply to the inclusion of the application in the selection process. In order to be able to carry out the application process, it is necessary to save personal data. By sending your application, you agree that we electronically store and process your data for application purposes in compliance with data protection regulations.
Please send your informative application by February 15, 2023, stating the password
“WM Donut” to the
Northwest German Forest Research Institute
For more information, please contact Dr. Felix Heitkamp (Tel. 0551/69401-306;
firstname.lastname@example.org ). If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Dr. Leefken (0551-69401-112; Georg.Leefken@nw-fva.de ).