Studyin Romania is really excited to be present at the 32nd Annual EAIE Conference and Exhibition in Barcelona. This year, 34 Romanian universities are present at the StudyinRomania booth, ready to share information about study opportunities in Romania and connect with other HEIs representatives, building new collaborations.
Scholarships offered by the Romanian state through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Romania: The annual scholarship programme for foreign citizens offered by Romania, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, based on Government Decision no. 288/1993 for the 2023-2024 academic year is now launched!
Each year, the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries. Only candidates having good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school, of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case are eligible.
Applicants may select their study program of interest in all fields, with the exception of Medicine, Dental Medicine and Pharmacy. For Bachelor and Master, only study programs in Romanian language are available, thus promoting
the Romanian language and culture. However, at PhD level, applicants can also opt for a program in English or a foreign language set by the doctoral school. A preparatory year in Romanian is also granted prior to enrolling in the study program of choice, for those not speaking Romanian language. The required documents include diplomas, transcripts, birth certificate and passport, CV – all described in the application process.
Applications can be submitted between 15 December 2022 and 1 March 2023, with the selection results being announced on 15 July 2023. Upon selection, additional formalities, such as obtaining a visa, will be required.
The scholarship application can be sent ONLY through the Study in Romania platform.
Who can apply?
Foreign citizens from all non-EU countries, with the following exceptions:
- citizens of Romanian origin or who are part of the Romanian historical communities in the proximity of Romania (entitled to different scholarship programmes);
- citizens who have requested or acquired a form of protection in Romania;
- stateless persons whose stay on the territory of Romania is officially recognized according to the law;
- members of the diplomatic and consular corps or family members of the diplomatic and consular corps accredited to Romania;
- members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions and consular offices accredited to Romania;
- staff members of international organizations based in Romania or family members of staff of international organizations based in Romania;
- beneficiaries of a scholarship from the Romanian state for the same cycle of study.
What level of study does the scholarship cover?
The scholarship applicant can choose from any of the following three study cycles in accredited higher education institutions in Romania:
- bachelor’s degree: addressed to graduates of high school studies or pre-university studies at the end of which they obtained a baccalaureate degree or equivalent, as well as candidates applying for further university studies in Romania. The complete programme runs for a period of 3-6 years, depending on the specialization followed and ends with a bachelor’s exam;
- master’s degree: addressed to undergraduates, run for a period of 1 year, 1.5 years or 2 years and end with the dissertation exam;
- PhD: addressed to graduate students or equivalent and run for a period of 3-5 years, depending on the profile of the chosen faculty and end with the presentation of a PhD thesis. In order to be admitted to doctoral studies and to obtain the scholarship, it is compulsory that, prior to submitting the application, the candidate should get the written agreement of the Doctoral Tutor, which must be a member of the doctoral school, and also that he/she passes the admission interview
- Applicants may select their study program of interest in all fields, with the exception of Medicine, Dental Medicine and Pharmacy.
- For Bachelor and Master, only study programs in Romanian are available, thus promoting the Romanian language and culture. However, at PhD level, applicants can also opt for a program in English or a foreign language set by the doctoral school.
- Deadline for submitting your application: 1 March 2023
- Announcing the selection results: 15 July 2023
The application process takes place exclusively online, via the dedicated Scholarships platform!
Apply now and come study in Romania! Good luck!
For further details regarding the eligibility conditions, please check Information on the Scholarship Programme.