Scientific collaborator for the assessment of fertilizers and soil amendments (80–100 %): The Research Institute of Organic Agriculture FiBL is one of the world’s leading research institutions in the field of organic agriculture and employs around 300 people in Switzerland. FiBL’s strengths are interdisciplinary research, joint innovations with farmers and the food industry as well as rapid knowledge transfer.
FiBL Switzerland’s expertise is also in demand beyond the country’s borders. It is therefore involved in numerous international projects, research, extension and training, as well as development cooperation.
Starting from March 1, 2023, the Department of Crop Sciences is looking for a qualified scientific collaborator for the assessment of fertilizers and soil amendments (80–100 %).
- Assessment of the compliance of fertilisers, substrates and similar products with organic standards.
- Development of assessment criteria and quality assurance in consultation with partner organisations.
- Contact with companies and authorities at home and abroad.
- Cooperation with other departments and with partners at home and abroad.
- Completed studies at ETH, FH in agriculture or equivalent training.
- Specialist knowledge in crop production and plant nutrition. Complementary experience in quality assurance and specialised knowledge of fertilisers are welcome.
- Interest in the principles of organic farming and their further development.
- Independence, methodical way of thinking, accurate work and precise communication, critical questioning of information, good teamwork and communication skills, ability to work under pressure.
- Good knowledge of German and English is necessary; French and Italian desirable.
What we offer
FiBL offers a workplace culture characterised by efficient, uncomplicated work and numerous opportunities to help shape the institute. As a research institute with a great global network, we consider training opportunities and further education for our employees highly important. Arrangements for working from home, flexible annual working hours and the possibility of part-time work create a good work-life balance. FiBL employees also enjoy excellent organic food at our in-house restaurant and a workplace surrounded by a lush and green landscape.
Does this position interest you? Lucius Tamm, +41 (0)62 865-7238 Email email@example.com Leader of the Department of Crop Sciences, will be happy to answer any further questions. We would be pleased to receive your application documents by 15 February 2023 via firstname.lastname@example.org.