The Julius Kühn Institute (JKI) is participating in the German government’s 2022 climate change mitigation program (Klimaschutzsofortprogramm 2022). Through a series of climate change mitigation projects, the JKI will contribute to achieving the goals set in the climate change mitigation program of the federal government over the next few years.
In the project KlimaFFolgen – Utilization of climate change mitigation potentials through optimized crop rotations – Germany-wide potential analysis and development of a field-specific decision support system (DSS) the JKI-Institutes for Crop Production and Soil Science (PB) and for Strategies and Technology Assessment (SF) are working together on the Germany-wide assessment of crop rotations and development of a DSS to support climate change mitigation in agriculture. The deadline for your application is 27th January 2023.
– Information collection and evaluation on main and catch crop cultivation as well as on land cover and agricultural production technology in existing farm networks;
– Generation of scripts and routines for consistent preparation, visualization and storage of area-specific production and field data;
– Acquisition, processing and analysis of image data (e.g. satellite, UAV) for spectral characterization of catch crops and crop residues;
– Design and implementation of field trials and reference measurements to record catch crops, soil cover by crop residues and other soil properties;
– Close cooperation with project partners in KlimaFFolgen (scientists and technical assistants) and in our international team at the Agricultural Remote Sensing Research Center (FLF) in a friendly working atmosphere.
– a university degree in geography, geoecology, agricultural, forestry or environmental sciences, geoinformatics or a comparable discipline, preferably with a PhD;
– Sound knowledge and experience in the use of geodata, in particular satellite and sensor image data (UAV) ideally for agricultural issues;
– Very good knowledge of a programming language, preferably Python or R;
– Knowledge of statistical data analysis and experience in machine learning and data mining;
– Experience with Geographic Information Systems (e.g. ArcGIS/ QGIS) and/ or database skills (PostgreSQL) is a plus;
– Knowledge and/or interest in arable and crop farming;
– The ability to work independently and on one’s own initiative, including strong organizational and communication skills as well as flexibility;
– good knowledge in English and, if possible, also the German language, both written and spoken;
– a class B (III) driver’s license and the willingness to travel on business trips.
– a varied, challenging and interesting job in an international working environment;
– a full-time, 39-hour per week position for 36 months. Generally, various forms of part-time employment are possible. The employment relationship is based on the collective agreement for the public service (TVöD);
– remuneration according to salary group E 13 TVöD, if you have the required qualifications and skills;
– an entry as early as possible, subject to the final provision of funds by the lender.
The Julius Kühn Institute (JKI) is an equal opportunities employer. The JKI is committed to inclusion. Applications from people with disabilities are therefore expressly welcome and given special consideration in the selection process. The JKI promotes the reconciliation of work and family life and, since 2021, has been holding the audit workandfamily certificate (audit berufundfamilie). Where possible, we offer flexible working time models to reconcile work and family life.
Please apply via the INTERAMT job portal. To do so, click on the “Online bewerben” button on the INTERAMT page. The deadline for your application is 27th January 2023. Please note that the language on the INTERAMT portal is German and only applications in German language are accepted.
To apply, please register with INTERAMT at https://www.interamt.de/koop/app/registrieren or use your login if you are
already a registered user. If you have any technical problems or questions regarding your registration, please contact
INTERAMT directly at +49 (0) 345 4800-140 or by e-mail: email@example.com.
Make sure to have uploaded all relevant documents for your online application by the application deadline. For further information please contact Dr. Heike Gerighausen (phone: 0531-596 2471, firstname.lastname@example.org).
For an overview of all open advertisements, please use this link: