Field Development Representative – Midwest, Department: Research and Development:
External Overview: FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
Function Overview: The Field Development Representative (FDR) manages and implements a field-testing program within their specified geographic territory. The FDR is actively involved in a broad range of work activities, spanning early-stage lead optimization and definition research, commercial product development, obtaining endorsements from university scientists and providing technical information for the launch process. The FDR reports to NA Field Development Manager.
- Conduct high confidence in-house field tests of crop protection chemicals for biological efficacy and crop safety for discovery candidates and commercialization projects
- Manage outsourced field testing of discovery and commercialization agricultural chemicals
- Collect field research data and enter in corporate database in a timely manner. Responsible for the data quality for all development trials conducted within their specified geographic territory.
- Summarize and communicate results and make recommendations for commercial use
- Facilitate strong working relationship with Product Development Managers and Technical Service Managers
- Ensure that all activities meet local, state, and Federal regulations and laws, including safe storage, shipping, handling, and application of EPA-approved and experimental agricultural products
- Work closely with local tech service managers to build strong team relationships with key university research specialist and other industry influencers
- Work hand in hand with Technical Service group to ensure that TSMs are well educated regarding development projects and prepared to superbly execute technical strategies for support of product launch
- Represent FMC at industry events such as media summits, trade shows and regional and national scientific gatherings
- Maintain strong technical knowledge of commercial, new chemistries & other technology impacting the business
- Help identify and recruit potential new employees for sales, technical service, and product development positions
- Help train and mentor new employees
- Develop action plans and budgets that meet technical and operational objectives while managing time and priorities in an independent work environment
- Provide input and participate with marketing, sales and tech service as needed on market intelligence and business opportunities in local territory
- MS in Entomology, Plant Physiology, Weed Science, Agronomy or other agricultural/related science or equivalent experience
- PhD preferred
- 2+ years of experience in discovery, development, and commercialization of agricultural products
- Working knowledge of disease, insect and weed biology and appropriate field-testing procedures with a high level of technical competency in one or more of these disciplines
- Knowledge of agricultural cropping systems, pests, practices and products
- Experience in field plot technique and statistical analysis of data – State pesticide application license required
- Working knowledge of ARM or ability to learn new software platforms
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills
- Ability to get results by delivering on commitments and implementing plans and programs
- Capable of designing protocols and research projects
- Excellent speaking, writing, and computer skills
- Ability to manage time and priorities in an independent work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork and collaborative cooperation
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of internal and external audiences in a way that promotes understanding and builds relationships
- Commitment to safe driving practices, chemical handling and use of equipment
- Commitment to continually increase breadth and level of scientific knowledge within key agricultural/biological science disciplines
At FMC, diversity and inclusion are in our DNA. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can thrive – regardless of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, color, age, religion or religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
FMC also supports employee participation in company employee resource groups that celebrate the diverse backgrounds of our workforce by providing communities for employees to connect with each other and raise awareness throughout FMC.
FMC complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition department at firstname.lastname@example.org .