Scientist (f/m/d) Institute for Crop and Soil Science – based in Braunschweig, Application deadline: 5th March 2023 for reference number: BS-PB-WA-06-23
The digital experimental site AgriSens DEMMIN 4.0 aims at testing and promoting digital technologies and the use of remote sensing data in practical agriculture. Building on the findings and results of project phase I, promising approaches are to be further explored and developed in project phase II and transferred into practice within the framework of knowledge and technology transfer.
-Derivation of vegetation index time series and biophysical state variables from remote sensing data (e.g. Sentinel, Planet) for spatiotemporal recording of vegetation dynamics of arable land; -Further development and maintenance of a hyperspectral database for multi-sensory modeling of crop parameters and plant constituents using linear and non-linear statistical methods (including machine learning);
-Application and further development of remote sensing-based crop yield estimation for winter wheat; -Supervision and evaluation of OnFarm experiments within the use case “Yield estimation and crop monitoring” in close cooperation with the crop production consulting; -Compilation and processing of reference data on vegetation development (biomass, LAI, etc.) and agricultural yields;
-Preparation of reports and publications as well as the presentation of the results at conferences and in the project network in German and English language; -close cooperation with the project partners and our international team at the Research Center for Agricultural Remote Sensing (FLF) in a friendly working atmosphere.
- -a university degree in geography, geoecology, agricultural, forestry or environmental sciences, geoinformatics or a comparable discipline, with professional experience and/or a doctorate;
- -sound knowledge and experience in the use of remote sensing data and methods (optics, radar, UAV);
- -sound knowledge in deriving vegetation parameters from remote sensing data;
- -very good knowledge of statistical data analysis and experience in machine learning and data mining;
- -very good programming skills, preferably in Python or R;
- -Knowledge and/or interest in arable and crop agriculture;
- -the aptitude to work independently in a team and project-oriented manner as well as the ability to present facts in writing and orally for different target groups;
- -good knowledge in English and, if possible, also the German language, both written and spoken;
- -a class B (III) driver’s license and the willingness to travel on business trips.
- -a varied, challenging and interesting job in an international working environment;
- -a part-time position with 29,25-hour per week for 24 months. The employment relationship is based on the collective agreement for the public service (TVoeD);
- -according to the qualification and personal requirements a remuneration to pay group E 13 TVoeD;
- -an entry as early as possible.
The Julius Kuehn Institute (JKI) is an equal opportunities employer. The JKI is committed to inclusion. Applications from peo-ple with disabilities are therefore expressly welcome and given special consideration in the selection process. The JKI pro-motes the reconciliation of work and family life and, since 2021, has been holding the audit workandfamily certificate (audit berufundfamilie). Where possible, we offer flexible working time models to reconcile work and family life.
Dr. Heike Gerighausen
Phone.: +49 (0) 531 596 2471
Please apply via the INTERAMT job portal. To do so, click on the “Online bewerben” button on the INTERAMT page. The deadline for your application is 5th March 2023. Please note that the language on the INTERAMT portal is German. For an overview of all open advertisements, please use this link: https://www.interamt.de/koop/app/trefferliste?part-ner=3695 .
To apply, please register with INTERAMT at https://www.interamt.de/koop/app/registrieren or use your login if you are already a registered user. If you have any technical problems or questions regarding your registration, please contact IN-TERAMT directly at +49 (0) 345 4800-140 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .Make sure to have uploaded all relevant documents for your online application by the application deadline.
Dr. Heike Gerighausen